I have acquired a German Shepherd!

Buffy711

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 01:06 pm
German Shepards
I have had 2 German Shepard mix dogs. They were 2 of the bets pets besides my Border Colly mix that I very had. You need to start training the dog early. Just 10 mins a day at first. If you play with them for a little while first it gives them some exercise and they will be more will to learn. One of the first things it to get them to come on command. A good game you can play with them is hide and seek. It trains them to keep an eye on you when loose out walking. It is a good idea to expose them to as many adults and children as possible. But not until they have had there all there shots. You need to give them some exercise every day if you don't want them chewing everything up in the house. You need to make sure there are no shoes, boots and anything else they can chew laying around until they get a bit older. They are just like babys when it comes to chewing. Think is has to do with getting new teeth. I had one old running shoe the first dog had for chewing but make sure there never was any other one laying out in the house. You can get some good ideas off web site for training dogs. Good luck to you. If you spend the time you will have a wonderful campaign for a good many years. Laughing
0 Replies