Military industries

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:16 pm
Hello all;

Besides the U.S, Russia, China and a few countries in the middle east, what are other major industrial countries that manufacture good military units, weapons..etc?

I was thinking of Japan? Germany? Maybe Switzerland (having a very strong army already)

I never thought of African countries, or any third world one.

What about Sweden and Finland? Do those countries have good military industry of their own?

Any others?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 717 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:23 pm
The US military spending was almost two-fifths of the total.
The US military spending was almost 7 times larger than the Chinese budget, the second largest spender.
The US military budget was almost 29 times as large as the combined spending of the six "rogue" states (Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria) who spent $14.65 billion.
It was more than the combined spending of the next 14 nations.
The United States and its close allies accounted for some two thirds to three-quarters of all military spending, depending on who you count as close allies (typically NATO countries, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan and South Korea)
The six potential "enemies," Russia, and China together spent $139 billion, 30% of the U.S. military budget.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 05:45 pm
so which of those countries you mentioned (or countries you did not mention) would be a reliable, reputable and a quality-producing coutnry of military equipment? i was thinking of countries like sweden, switzerland, japan...do they qualify? why or why not?
0 Replies