Makes My Blood Run Cold

lezzles

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 11:02 pm
http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2006/s1783951.htm

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20727609-5005961,00.html

About six or seven years ago, when I was living in Swansea, there was a 'meet your local member' day.

At that time there was a spate of home robberies carried out by a gang of teenage and pre-teenage boys. They hung out in an old fishermans shack where, rumour had it, drug peddling and male prostitution abounded. Locals always knew when the police were due to raid the place as it would suddenly be deserted, and shortly afterwards the police would arrive.

There were a lot of elderly people in the area who were very frightened about the situation and on their behalf I spoke to Mr O about it. I was told not to worry myself about it, the matter was being looked into. Now I cannot help but wonder who was warning these creeps!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,303 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 11:36 pm
He needs to resign from parliament. Innocent or guilty, the party doesn't need this crap.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 12:31 am
And Kerry Hickey should go too. No hesitation. OUT!

He was only caught speeding. Not once, not twice, but three times. That goes beyond speeding. That becomes a Minister who believes himself to be above the law and thumbs his nose at it. OUT!

We have had corrupt politicians foisted on us for too long. We need a huge, clean sweep. Of all parties. In all states. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 12:41 am
I understand Iemma has sacked him.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 02:52 am
dadpad wrote:

Yeppers.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 04:13 am
That would creep me out, too!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 04:42 am
He understand he still gets to keep his 60K a year pension.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 05:29 am
Wilso wrote:
He understand he still gets to keep his 60K a year pension.

I suppose little things like a fair trial and a conviction might be considered necessary before taking any further action against him.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 05:29 pm
dadpad wrote:

He's been sacked from the front bench. He should resign from parliament as well. Even if he's innocent.
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 08:08 pm
Where is the political corruption here ? Sexual offences are alleged but do these involve abuse of the elected office? I doubt there is any connection.
He is facing charges and will be dealt with according to law, why should he be further penalised by loss of Super entitlements.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 08:43 pm
One of the charges is, I think, that he used 'parliamentary' funds (for office running costs) to pay for his activities.

If that is proven to be so, surely that would involve abuse of the elected office.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:34 pm
lezzles wrote:
One of the charges is, I think, that he used 'parliamentary' funds (for office running costs) to pay for his activities.

If that is proven to be so, surely that would involve abuse of the elected office.

Yeppers.

However, it is possibly wise to wait for a trial before baying for his blood.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 11:17 pm
You are so right. A trial is the appropriate venue to determine what, if any punishment should be handed out. From my point of view, the question was a theoretical one as to why super benefits should be withdrawn (ie, from any member of parliament found guilty of such criminal charges after due process of law).

I started searching through the web for instances of corruption and found some claims that were doozies.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:18 am
lezzles wrote:
You are so right. A trial is the appropriate venue to determine what, if any punishment should be handed out. From my point of view, the question was a theoretical one as to why super benefits should be withdrawn (ie, from any member of parliament found guilty of such criminal charges after due process of law).

I started searching through the web for instances of corruption and found some claims that were doozies. I entered a longish screed about this, thinking it would be an interesting discussion point.

However, I have now deleted my contribution, realising I have nothing of value to say.

Huh? Why would you think that?

Actually, I skimmed your screed, but couldn't really take it all in.

I would think his having used government funds to secure kids to abuse would be an appalling addition to other crimes alleged against him, and I would hope action re this would ensue if he is convicted.

The fact that another person in his office now stands accused is very alarming re where this case may lead.

Sigh.....
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:26 am
Sorry, I will be an absolute pain in the bum for the next couple of weeks. Personal issues are crippling me and I decided, quite ridiculously, to take it out on the forum. Paranoia reigns supreme! I am not making much sense, so please feel free to ignore me or tell me where to get off. It's a case of I bitch to the screen or go and cut my wrists.

(As you can see, I did another re-edit just as you posted.)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:33 am
Don't bother cutting your wrists!

It's just toooo messy - and tricky to get right.

Go and kick a politician! Any politician! Much more socially useful, politically progressive and personally satisfying. And we'll (or I'll) be most appreciative.Twisted Evil

(apologies to Deb who has one for a friend!)

I live next door to an excellent example of a sleazebag - if ever a local politician needs kicking - he should be in the first place! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies