What did you expect?

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 02:55 pm
What did you expect?

When examining and reviewing the recent fall of Mr. Ted Haggard, One has to truly ask each person a simple question: What did you expect?

What did you expect when One is constantly taught that they are not under the Laws of God?
What did you expect when One is constantly taught that they are above the Law?
What did you expect when One is constantly taught that they are an exception to the Rule?
What did you expect when One is taught that since they are "saved," they do not commit sin while others do?
What did you expect when One is constantly taught that works are not necessary for salvation?
What did you expect when One is constantly taught that faith and works are not One?
What did you expect when One is constantly taught that their salvation is guaranteed?
What did you expect when One is constantly taught that salvation is free?
What did you expect when One is constantly taught that all that is needed for salvation is a verbal confession of, "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior?"
What did you expect when One is taught that all are condemned to Hell except them?
What did you expect when One is constantly taught to live outside of this reality?

Did you not expect a house full of hypocrites who have come to believe that they are above the Law?
Did you not expect a house full of hypocrites who believe that they are an exception to the Rule?
Did you not expect a house full of hypocrites who have come to believe, that their own corrupt actions are justified, while these same actions when committed by others are not?
Did you not expect a house full of hypocrites who are busy condemning others while they themselves are committing the same acts?
Did you not expect a house full of hypocrites who from their own assumptions have come to believe that they do not sin?

If you did not expect the likes of Mr. Haggard,or if you think that he is the only one, and if you think that there are not millions more out there like him, then you do not know and comprehend human nature. And if you do not know and comprehend human nature, then you do not know the purpose of the Bible. And if you do not know the purpose of the Bible, then you have no idea who or what you worship.

Isaiah 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 814 • Replies: 11
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 03:25 pm
After looking at the most popular Christian ministers, who are closeted homosexuals, pedophiles, drug abusers and thieves, I have come to the conclusion that they are all full of ****.

What did you expect?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 04:04 pm
What did I expect? This exact senario. LOL.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 02:47 pm
NickFun wrote:
After looking at the most popular Christian ministers, who are closeted homosexuals, pedophiles, drug abusers and thieves, I have come to the conclusion that they are all full of ****.

What did you expect?

Sorry to say, but for the most part we have to agree with you.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:54 am
Mindonfire wrote:
NickFun wrote:

What did you expect?

Sorry to say, but for the most part we have to agree with you.

Then if the 'popular' ministers are corrupt then what?

All are full of ****? nice.

Does'nt really matter whether mindy, you, and every other person agrees that this is true.

The only thing that matters is what God has to say.

It is God who sees the inner man.

It is always easier to see the hypocrisy in others rather than in ourselves.

Hypocrisy I guess is something only 'they' have practiced.
0 Replies

rockpie

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:13 am
you cannot judge a faith on some hypocrites that make the news because of their scandals. after all, they are only on the news because of the bad **** they've done. if your going to judge Christianity on anybody then judge Jesus because He is who it is based on.
0 Replies

rockpie

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:13 am
you cannot judge a faith on some hypocrites that make the news because of their scandals. after all, they are only on the news because of the bad **** they've done. if your going to judge Christianity on anybody then judge Jesus because He is who it is based on.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:24 am
NickFun wrote:

What did you expect?

I love you NickFun

Let's get married and have little skeptical babies.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:36 am
Then you have to ask yourself, why are all these big time "Christians" out there preaching to the flocks?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
Camels Through the Eye of a Needle: Home Values of Evangelical Leaders in Colorado Springs
A recent public records search* uncovered the home values of some of the Cardinals of the Evangelical Vatican. According to Jesus ("Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24) all of the following people are probably going to hell.

Hell-bound:

Dr. James Dobson
$1,252,522.00**
Presents a daily radio program called Focus on the Family on over 6,000 stations worldwide in more than a dozen languages. He is chairman of the board of a nonprofit organization of the same name, which he founded in 1977. His programs are estimated to be heard by more than 200 million people every day in 164 countries

Ted Haggard
$617,795.00
SENIOR PASTOR
Pastor Ted Haggard is the president of the 30 million-member National Association of Evangelicals (NAE), the largest evangelical group in America. He is also founder and senior pastor of the 14,000-member New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He formed and serves as the president of both the Association of Life-Giving Churches, a network of local churches, and worldprayerteam.org, the only real-time global prayer network.

Rob Brendle
$629,447.00
ASSOCIATE PASTOR
Rob Brendle is associate pastor of the 14,000-member New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Rob founded SATURDAYNIGHT (www.saturdaynight.org) -- New Life's thriving community of twenty- and thirty something believers -- and now he teaches and encourages hundreds of people to live into their callings in Christ. Rob helped pioneer worldprayerteam.org, the world's first internet-based real-time prayer information exchange, and he currently serves in an advisory role with the National Association of Evangelicals.

Adam Taylor
$803,785.00
DIRECTOR OF THE WORLD PRAYER CENTER
The World Prayer Center was birthed in a vision given to Pastor Ted Haggard on Pikes Peak while praying and fasting in 1984. In that vision, Ted saw a building that was facilitating prayer for lost people and utilizing computers to connect intercessors. Of course, in 1984 there were not global prayer movements of any magnitude, no internet systems available to the general public, nor any global leaders trumpeting the need to pray for the darkest areas of the world on a large scale.

C. Peter Wagner
$634,403.00
He is the founder of Global Harvest Ministries, and co-founder of the World Prayer Center.

John Bolin
$386,000.00
TEACHING PASTOR
Pastor John Bolin brings a unique flavor to New Life Church. In six-plus years as New Life's youth pastor, he built a relevant, dynamic youth ministry that bulged the doors of the youth chapel on Wednesday nights and changed the lives of thousands of teens. Today, Pastor Bolin serves as a teaching pastor and produces the annual Easter production, "The Thorn." Pastor John and his wife, Sarah, met at -- and graduated from -- Oral Roberts University.

Lance Coles
$483,777.00**
CHURCH ADMINISTRATOR
Lance Coles moved to Colorado Springs to help Pastor Ted and Gayle start New Life Church in 1985. Lance has served as Church Administrator and Executive Pastor, witnessing the growth of New Life Church from a handful of believers meeting in Pastor Ted's basement to our current membership.

Ross Parsley
$443,898.00
WORSHIP PASTOR
Functioning as the Senior Associate and the primary worship leader of New Life Church. He is responsible for all the weekend services and oversees all music ministries within the church. A graduate of Oral Roberts University, Ross has been leading worship for 20 years in local churches and has led several outreach teams to foreign countries. He is the worship leader on Integrity Music's "Lord of the Harvest" and "Around Your Throne", as well as several other New Life worship recordings. His wife, Aimee, ministers with him in worship.

Matthew Fallentine
$351,303.00
Associate Worship Pastor
Worship leader for New Life Church services. Matthew also serves as a musician and producer on New Life worship recordings and is a talented songwriter, published by Integrity Music.

Glenn Packiam
$335,136.00
Associate Worship Pastor/Associate College Pastor
Serves as the lead worshipper and the leader of the Mill Worship Band as well as one of the worship leaders and musicians for the New Life Church services. A graduate of Oral Roberts University, Glenn is a gifted songwriter and has traveled to several nations teaching and leading worship. He and his wonderful wife, Holly, are enjoying their newlywed years in beautiful Colorado.

Ted Whaley
$519,431.00
SMALL GROUP MINISTRY DIRECTOR
As part of his role in directing the small group ministry at New Life Church, Ted consults with and speaks at conferences and churches about "free market" small groups. Prior to joining the pastoral staff at New Life Church, he spent 5 years as a high school teacher and 15 years in a corporate sales career for McGraw-Hill. He is a 1979 graduate from Oral Roberts University and is married with three daughters.

Bill Walton
$381,395.00
5TH & 6TH GRADE PASTOR
Bill is an Associate Pastor for New Life Church's SATURDAYNIGHT service. He is also the Pastor of Tag56. He loves challenging this generation to fulfill their course in life by intentionally and aggressively pursuing God and connecting with others to become the world changers they are intended to be. Bill has served in pastoral ministry ten years now and has served in many capacities.

Christopher Beard
$365,136.00
Christopher Beard is the Director of twentyfourseven, an intense leadership program based in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He has a Business degree from Oral Roberts University and a Masters in Christian Counseling. Christopher worked at one of the nation's leading mental institutions as a Psychotherapist before coming to New Life Church and twentyfourseven . Christopher is also the Missions Pastor of New Life Church, and has led mission trips to 53 countries. His heart's desire is to see young people live effective and successful lives for Jesus Christ.

* elpasoco.com Assessor's Office.
** Indicates combined value of multiple residential properties or tracts of adjoining land to a main residence located within El Paso County, Colorado

http://www.toiletpaperonline.typepad.com/the_blog/2006/03/a_camel_through.html
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
rockpie wrote:

1.Well there is a difference when there is a small number. But when the majority are in the same boat, then what is One to think.

Secondly, you can judge an orginization by its leader. Leaders are representations or reflections of the people. The people make the Leader and not vise versa. Therefore, if you see a corupt leader, nine times out of ten you have seen the majority of the people.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 12:41 am
Chai Tea wrote:
NickFun wrote:

What did you expect?

I love you NickFun

Let's get married and have little skeptical babies.

I think we should have a drink first Chai.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 11:44 am
NickFun wrote:

I think we should have a drink first Chai.

We can meet for cocktails.

I'll bring the tail.
0 Replies