Dreamboat follows lovesic swan in zoo over winter

msolga

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:29 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quote:
Petra the Black Swan, Paddleboat Mate Get Back Together

How disappointing, Walter!

The real thing is the best, of course. But to be abandoned like that ... what a cad swan, that's all I can say! Evil or Very Mad
I guess the boat is more reliable?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:35 am
Certainly.

And I'm an expert here, since I know the boat personally since ages!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:40 am
Laughing

I just think she deserved better, poor thing! Sad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:32 pm
Petra's romantic woes were covered in my local newspaper this morning. She is not discrete and her affairs are becoming notorious.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 04:14 am
An update: the swan is been missing now!

Quote:
These are anxious days in the German city of Münster, where Petra, the famous swan that fell in love with a swan-shaped pedal boat, has gone missing. Her fans have distributed leaflets appealing for help and have been inundated with reports of possible sightings.

Petra the black swan who gained nationwide fame by falling in love with a large swan-shaped pedal boat has gone missing from her lake in the western German city of Münster, and her worried fans have asked the public to help find her.

The "Friends of Black Petra" society, which has 58 dues-paying members -- including one in Chile -- has distributed some 150 "Have you seen this swan" posters and leaflets throughout Münster.

Full report (in English) in Spiegel-online: Fans Alarmed as World-Famous Petra Disappears
hamburger

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 10:06 am
@Walter Hinteler,
just hope THE SWAN was not turned into a "christmas goose " !
i have read that a swan can be turned into a fair "replica" of a christmas goose - by marinating it first .
guten appetit !
hbg

see recipe here :

http://www.godecookery.com/mtrans/mtrans52.html

Quote:
INGREDIENTS:

1 swan (see note)
Olive oil (see note)
0 Replies