Pro-choice

SCoates

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 03:45 pm
I always found that description to ignore the argument. It seems the real question is when the child/embryo receives the right to live. If everyone could agree on that (before or after birth) then there would be no real need to address a woman's freedom of choice.

If I were for abortion I would call myself "Pro-Death." I prefer to enrage anyone who disagrees with me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 800 • Replies: 9
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 03:54 pm
If I was one of those who believed that conception is the starting point, Id call myself ANTI_CHOICE.

Ps someone started a thread on this the other day so why not seek it out and see some really good arguments (both sides)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 04:04 pm
Pro-life and Pro-choice are just labels.

The fact that the majority of pro-life people support capital punishment and pre-emptive war is a good example of that.

It seems like you should let each group choose it's own label, because if your opposition get's to choose the term that you are labeled by, you aren't going to be happy with the result.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 04:04 pm
I am pro-death... but this has nothing to do with my political views on abortion.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 04:25 pm
Thinking a bit more, SCoates (and sorry for the multiple posts)...

You use the strange phrase "If I were for abortion..."

I know lots of people who consider themselves pro-choice. I don't know anyone who would say "I am for abortion". I want chemotherapy to be available when I need it, but I am certainly not "for chemotherapy".
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 04:35 pm
I'm tired of the Professionals making choices - I want more amateurs in there. I'm Am-Choice.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 07:37 pm
You sound fairly childish to me.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 07:39 pm
You talk pretty tough for a cow in sunglasses...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 07:42 pm
hingehead wrote:
I'm tired of the Professionals making choices - I want more amateurs in there. I'm Am-Choice.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:37 pm
There was a woman on the PBS program NOW last week, a welfare mother with four kids. David Brancoccio (sp?) asked her why she had so many kids and she said that she didn't believe in abortion.

AARRGGHH!! Non-sequitor. The idiot should have used birth control. Abortion is not birth control, but, rather something you use either when birth control fails or when tests show you're going to have a child with huge problems.

That's what I mean by over simplifying things to the point of error.

BTW, this was a woman not smart enough to have any kids.
0 Replies