Sign On The Dotted Line

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:59 am
Sign On The Dotted Line

When examining covenants, one of the details which One will see as evident in all covenants, is that there are always at least two people or parties involved. Secondly, One notices that in a covenant these two people or parties have an action that they each promise to perform or fulfill.

Now, since Christians are in a covenant with God, this means that God has promised an action to perform or fulfill and Christians have promised an action to perform or fulfill.

Question : What is the Christian's part of the agreement?

In other words, what action or actions have Christians promised to fulfill?

What are Christians supposed to do to keep up their end of the agreement?

Definitions (Merriam Webster)
Covenant: (n) 1 : a usually formal, solemn, and binding agreement : COMPACT2 a : a written agreement or promise usually under seal between two or more parties especially for the performance of some action b : the common-law action to recover damages for breach of such a contract
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 570 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 08:18 pm
Are you speaking of the Old Covenant with the Jews (before Christ) or the New Covenant (since His death, burial, and resurrection)?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 09:29 pm
The Jews validated the Old Covenant by voice in Exodus 19:8. So I think he must be asking about the New Covenant. But, knowing Mindy, I hesitate to speak for them. :wink:
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 10:11 pm
They could find the answers in the bible if they were so inclined.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 10:54 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Are you speaking of the Old Covenant with the Jews (before Christ) or the New Covenant (since His death, burial, and resurrection)?

The New Covenant
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 11:12 pm
The first thing I would suggest Mindonfire is just what Intrepid suggested. Have you read the New Testament? You can find your answers there. Laughing
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 08:13 am
Intrepid wrote:

Is that very Christ-like? Are you unable to help? Are you not a swordsman who is proficient with their weapon?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 12:41 pm
Actually, Mindonfire, Intrepid gave you the best advice you can get. A personal relationship with God and what His Word says comes from Him. We could sit here all day long and tell you this or tell you that, but unless you read it for yourself and gain your understanding of it, it will not do that much good. Perhaps if you did read it "first" and then came back and asked questions about what you read it would be more beneficial for all?

I am sure Intrepid and everyone else would be happy to share their thoughts with you. But if we only tell you what we believe or feel, how does that help you if you don't have an understanding of your own of it?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 12:45 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Is that very Christ-like? Are you unable to help? Are you not a swordsman who is proficient with their weapon?

I am not suprised by that comment coming from one who finds delight in slamming Christans and Christianity at every opportunity. Then gets upset when they respond.

I gave you a source for your answers to your question and you come back with that. Not very appreciative, if you ask me.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 11:40 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

I am not suprised by that comment coming from one who finds delight in slamming Christans and Christianity at every opportunity. Then gets upset when they respond.

I gave you a source for your answers to your question and you come back with that. Not very appreciative, if you ask me.

LOL! Where have we slammed Christians and Christianity? What have you been reading? We don't slam Christians or Christianity, only those hypocrites who have been posing as Christians.
0 Replies