Why is "culture" so important?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,193 • Replies: 15
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:35 pm
I saw a piece of that as I was getting a cup of tea at work.

He seems to think that Americans, as a group, are remarkably stupid. I was surprised to hear him express such an opinion of his viewers/readers/whatevers.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:39 pm
ehBeth wrote:

He seems to think that Americans, as a group, are remarkably stupid. I was surprised to hear him express such an opinion of his viewers/readers/whatevers.

Look at the polls, people in the US are more familiar with who MAdonna is than who Nancy Pelosi is...

The evidence speaks for itself.

The left wing of this country likes to keep it's people dumb.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:46 pm
Oh yeah.. its the fault of the left wing.

Tell us again who is fighting the teaching of evolution in schools? I don't think it is the left wing.

The conservatives must be really smart if they can be in control of this country for 6 years and everything is still the fault of the left wing.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:51 pm
Bill OReilly is a stupid putz. If you want to talk about keeping people stupid let's put OReilly at the head of the pack. He does a good job of giving out false information.

One time I wached OReilly he was going off on abortion and comparing a plant seed to an unfertilized human egg saying neither carry the full DNA. What a complete moron.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:58 pm
parados wrote:

Tell us again who is fighting the teaching of evolution in schools? I don't think it is the left wing.

The conservatives must be really smart if they can be in control of this country for 6 years and everything is still the fault of the left wing.

Evolution has been taught in schools for over forty years... (that I know of)

So who is fighting creation being taught in schools???

Fox News listeners know both sides of the issues not only the side the "special interest" groups want them to know.

This makes them more capable of deciding the issues "correctly".

This is why Fox News is watched more than any other news channel and this is why Bill O'Reilly is No. 1.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:11 pm
RexRed wrote:
[

Fox News listeners know both sides of the issues not only the side the "special interest" groups want them to know.

This is why Fox News is watched more than any other news channel and this is why Bill O'Reilly is No. 1.

Yes, and we are winning in Iraq.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:26 pm
Dartagnan wrote:
RexRed wrote:
[

Yes, and we are winning in Iraq.

Are we losing?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:45 pm
People who want to be educated about what is happening in the world listen to npr news, they don't watch Fox. People watch Fox when they want something to be pissed off about, or when they're not sure what to think about something because they can't figure out how to make it the fault of "the liberals".
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:57 pm
ehBeth wrote:

Well, he obviously knows his particularly stupid demographic very well.

You are right, it is odd he should be honest about it.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 08:08 pm
RexRed wrote:
parados wrote:

Evolution has been taught in schools for over forty years... (that I know of)

So who is fighting creation being taught in schools???
There is your answer right there. Who wants to teach unscientific ideas as science? Certainly not intelligent people.

Quote:
For example, in the book of Joshua, we are told, the sun stood still several hours. Were we to read that fact in Livy or Tacitus, we should class it with their showers of blood, speaking of statues, beasts, etc. But it is said, that the writer of that book was inspired. Examine, therefore, candidly, what evidence there is of his having been inspired. The pretension is entitled to your inquiry, because millions believe it. On the other hand, you are astronomer enough to know how contrary it is to the law of nature that a body revolving on its axis, as the earth does, should have stopped, should not, by that sudden stoppage, have prostrated animals, trees, buildings, and should after a certain time gave resumed its revolution, and that without a second general prostration. Is this arrest of the earth's motion, or the evidence which affirms it, most within the law of probabilities?

http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/thomas_jefferson/letter_to_carr.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 01:10 pm
http://www.white-wolf.net/photo1/NORTHERN%20LIGHTS%202.JPG

Northern lights can look like the sun has not set.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 08:52 pm
You have never seen the Northern lights, have you Rex?

Look at the photo you posted and see all the stars visible. Now tell me how many stars you see that close to the sun.

You continue to prove that it isn't the liberals that are uninformed.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 09:22 pm
parados wrote:
You have never seen the Northern lights, have you Rex?

Look at the photo you posted and see all the stars visible. Now tell me how many stars you see that close to the sun.

You continue to prove that it isn't the liberals that are uninformed.

Just because God held the sun in the sky does not mean that there were not stars. The Bible does not say there were not stars.

It just says that the sun was held in the sky also northern lights are technically sun flairs.

http://chsweb.lr.k12.nj.us/mcapriotti/northern%20lights%20Neil%20copy.jpg

If I remember the story correctly the enemy armies were waiting until it was dark to resupply the front lines.

http://www.maisondugroenland.com/maisongroenland/eMAILING/northern%20lights%202%20(1).jpg
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 09:52 pm
OMG...

That has to be the funniest thing I have heard yet, the northern lights are "sun flairs" [sic]? Too too funny.

http://www.northern-lights.no/english/what/cause.shtml
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 10:24 pm
parados wrote:
OMG...

That has to be the funniest thing I have heard yet, the northern lights are "sun flairs" [sic]? Too too funny.

http://www.northern-lights.no/english/what/cause.shtml

Try again,

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/aurora_sightings_010402.html

Solar Storm Brought Northern Lights to Texas, Georgia, San Jose

The most powerful solar flare of the currently 11-year sun cycle was detected Monday by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Aurorae, the result of the interaction between Earth's magnetic field and "plasma" or charged gas clouds emitted by the Sun,

Maybe you should stop laughing at yourself. Laughing

Correction, "sun flares"
0 Replies