Muslim Fantics and Christian Hypocrites.

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 02:27 am
Hello all once again.

I am pretty much shocked by the western christian world, aka the religious right. Here they go spouting off that Muslim Fanatics trying to FORCE their views on others is wrong, while christians TURN AROUND AND DO THE SAME THING.

Here is the biggest one that is in the news now days:

Marriage: Christians are only against same sex marriage because the bible is agaist homosexuality. So instead of letting others marry if they wish to or not, the FORCE their CHRISTIAN views on others, and DEMAND all to follow it.

Where is our great nations liberty in that.

You can pretty much keep adding up more and more instances where FREEDOM is taken away from the populace by Fanatics, who call themselves CHRISTIANS.

Do you CHRISTIANS believe or not believe that everyone should have their own FREEDOM of CHOICE, as long as it does not hurt another person's LIFE, LIBERTY, or PROPERTY?

Abortion hurts another person's LIFE, and the LIBERTY. People are not PROPERTY, and neither is a child in a mother's womb. The mother has NO RIGHT, to deny that CHILD his/her RIGHT to LIFE, and LIBERTY.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,450 • Replies: 24
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 06:32 am
Two thoughts Scott. First, not everyone who is against gay marriage being legalized is a Christian. Secondly, how are Christians being hypocritical in opposing gay marriage. Christians believe homosexuality is immoral and a sin against God who created us. Believing this, would they not be hypocrites if they supported gay marriage, not oppose it?

One other thought. You state that Christians are forcing their views on society. But let's turn things around a bit. Are not gays forcing their beliefs on a society that has never recognized gay marriage? Are not they the ones trying to force society to accept a new definition of marriage?

I find it funny for people to believe some group, just by supporting a particular point of view, are accused of "trying to force beliefs" on everyone else. After all, every law that is passed is in effect one group "forcing their belief" on all of society. Is it not? I don't particularly agree that 18 year olds should not be allowed to legally drink alcoholic beverages. But a portion of this country has "forced this belief" on the rest of us.

Hope you see the point I'm trying to make here. Have a good day.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 07:18 pm
I completely agree Coastal Rat. We all have the same rights. We lobby within the law to have the laws as we think they should be. That's the fairest way to do it. Everyone votes their own conscience, whether it be because of religious reasons, non-religious reasons, etc.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 07:21 pm
I see your point, CoastalRat. I think it was explained very well.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 10:08 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Two thoughts Scott. First, not everyone who is against gay marriage being legalized is a Christian. Secondly, how are Christians being hypocritical in opposing gay marriage. Christians believe homosexuality is immoral and a sin against God who created us. Believing this, would they not be hypocrites if they supported gay marriage, not oppose it?

To support gay marriage is completely different then allowing someone the FREEDOM OF CHOICE to marry the same sex or not to marry the same sex. It should be the person's choice regardless of any other person's religious views. Christians can be aginst (gays) marrying and still allow it to happen.

CoastalRat wrote:
One other thought. You state that Christians are forcing their views on society. But let's turn things around a bit. Are not gays forcing their beliefs on a society that has never recognized gay marriage? Are not they the ones trying to force society to accept a new definition of marriage?

I don't quite agree with you on this. Gays are not forcing anything, but wanting what others have FREEDOM OF CHOICE to marry or not to marry.
Why should they be denied?
Why should polygamy at that be denied?

CoastalRat wrote:
I find it funny for people to believe some group, just by supporting a particular point of view, are accused of "trying to force beliefs" on everyone else. After all, every law that is passed is in effect one group "forcing their belief" on all of society. Is it not? I don't particularly agree that 18 year olds should not be allowed to legally drink alcoholic beverages. But a portion of this country has "forced this belief" on the rest of us.

No i must disagree again. Not every law that is passed is forcing belief.
I do not have any problems with laws that deal with protection of others.
Like your not allowed to kill others.
This all harkens back to FREEDOM. The person who kills is taking another persons LIFE and FREEDOM from them, and that is wrong.

CoastalRat wrote:
Hope you see the point I'm trying to make here. Have a good day.

Yes I understand your point but I do not totally agree with it.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 06:07 am
Hi Scott. Not everyone does agree with my viewpoint. I don't know why since I know I'm always right. But that's another discussion. Seriously, I do understand what you're saying. My response to you would be simply that gays currently do have the right to marry. They just cannot marry anyone of the same sex. Why not? Well, because marriage has always been defined as the union between a man and a woman. That is marriage. They wish to change that definition, thus forcing their view on our society. I wish for the definition to remain the same, thus forcing society to maintain the historic definition (and my view).

I have repeatedly stated on threads concerning this that the gay community can gain what they claim they seek (the same rights as married couples) simply by agreeing to some type of civil union not called marriage. While many Christians will still fight this, many others will see it as a fair compromise to give gay couples the same secular rights as married couples.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:54 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Hi Scott. Not everyone does agree with my viewpoint. I don't know why since I know I'm always right. But that's another discussion. Seriously, I do understand what you're saying. My response to you would be simply that gays currently do have the right to marry. They just cannot marry anyone of the same sex. Why not? Well, because marriage has always been defined as the union between a man and a woman. That is marriage.

This is not TRUE at all, sorry to say.
Take for example Polygamy marriage to multiple partners, are not they all in a sense married to each other. Wether or not its 1 man and 10 women, or 1 woman and 10 men, they are all married together.

My whole point is it should be a person's CHOICE who they marry or not marry and NO ONE should be allowed to deny them of that.

CoastalRat wrote:
They wish to change that definition, thus forcing their view on our society. I wish for the definition to remain the same, thus forcing society to maintain the historic definition (and my view). I have repeatedly stated on threads concerning this that the gay community can gain what they claim they seek (the same rights as married couples) simply by agreeing to some type of civil union not called marriage. While many Christians will still fight this, many others will see it as a fair compromise to give gay couples the same secular rights as married couples.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 06:26 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
Hi Scott. Not everyone does agree with my viewpoint. I don't know why since I know I'm always right. But that's another discussion. Seriously, I do understand what you're saying. My response to you would be simply that gays currently do have the right to marry. They just cannot marry anyone of the same sex. Why not? Well, because marriage has always been defined as the union between a man and a woman. That is marriage.

Take for example Polygamy marriage to multiple partners, are not they all in a sense married to each other. Wether or not its 1 man and 10 women, or 1 woman and 10 men, they are all married together.

Huh? Are you trying to say that if a man has ten wives those wives are married to the other wives? Sorry but that dog don't hunt at all!

Quote:
My whole point is it should be a person's CHOICE who they marry or not marry and NO ONE should be allowed to deny them of that.

Why give them special rights? They already have the same rights the rest of us have. We are all bound by the same law, marrying someone of the opposite sex. Why should this be made special?

CoastalRat wrote:
They wish to change that definition, thus forcing their view on our society. I wish for the definition to remain the same, thus forcing society to maintain the historic definition (and my view). I have repeatedly stated on threads concerning this that the gay community can gain what they claim they seek (the same rights as married couples) simply by agreeing to some type of civil union not called marriage. While many Christians will still fight this, many others will see it as a fair compromise to give gay couples the same secular rights as married couples.

Personally, I don't think it shouild be allowed but like I said, if they lobby within the law and make it legal, well, then it's legal and I won't have a thing to say about it other than I don't like it and don't condone it.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 01:00 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Hi Scott. Not everyone does agree with my viewpoint. I don't know why since I know I'm always right. But that's another discussion. Seriously, I do understand what you're saying. My response to you would be simply that gays currently do have the right to marry. They just cannot marry anyone of the same sex. Why not? Well, because marriage has always been defined as the union between a man and a woman. That is marriage. They wish to change that definition, thus forcing their view on our society. I wish for the definition to remain the same, thus forcing society to maintain the historic definition (and my view).

Good point, that historic aspect. That really puts some rightness to it. How about backing up our historical perspective a ways and reinstating the ban on interracial marriages? Heck you would only have to back up to about 1967 for that one. Or why not just go a few years farther back and return to segregation? Hey, why quit there, back up a little further and we can yank the vote away from women. That will surely solve a lot of problems.

CoastalRat wrote:
I have repeatedly stated on threads concerning this that the gay community can gain what they claim they seek (the same rights as married couples) simply by agreeing to some type of civil union not called marriage. While many Christians will still fight this, many others will see it as a fair compromise to give gay couples the same secular rights as married couples.

Nice try, but the good Christians of Arizona are going for a grand slam. They want to amend our constitution to not only ban same sex marriages but to prevent the creation of any law that would grant benefits to unmarried couples that are similar to marriage.

The text of the proposal says: "To preserve and protect marriage in this state, only a union between one man and one woman shall be valid and recognized as a marriage by this state or its political subdivisions and no legal status for unmarried persons shall be created or recognized by this state or its political subdivisions that is similar to that of marriage."

The plain and simple fact is that same sex families with children exist. Senior couples that remain unmarried for financial reasons exist. Propositions such as the one above only create hardship for these families and for what?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 01:09 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Huh? Are you trying to say that if a man has ten wives those wives are married to the other wives? Sorry but that dog don't hunt at all!

In the documentary about polygamists that I saw a few years ago, it sure looked that way and was presented as such. Just one big happy family, for the cameras anyway.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 01:18 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

Can you prove that wrong?

Quote:

Arella Mae wrote:
Why give them special rights? They already have the same rights the rest of us have. We are all bound by the same law, marrying someone of the opposite sex. Why should this be made special?

And what I am saying is there should be NO LAWS about marriage, at all. Marriage in history is a reglious instituion, not a governmental one. The government should have no say at all on the matter. If someone can find any religion that will marry them well then they are married.

And on top of that people don't just marry someone of the opposite sex, they usually NOW DAYS marry for LOVE, or for STATE, (aka King and Queen they are not always in love when married). To me that is kind of MESSED up, (wanted to use the F word instead but didn't) marrying for state and not love.

And if LOVE is the only GOOD and TRUE reason a person SHOULD get married then gays who LOVE their partner SHOULD be allowed to marry if they kind find a religious instituion that will marry them.

CoastalRat wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:
Personally, I don't think it shouild be allowed but like I said, if they lobby within the law and make it legal, well, then it's legal and I won't have a thing to say about it other than I don't like it and don't condone it.

And that was another one of my points.
Christians, most of them any how would THROUGH A HISSY FIT if it became legal, and that is WHERE THEY ARE HYPOCRITES.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 03:30 am
Yeah, but Scott, since there are legal issues involving marriage, spousal insurance, child custody, etc., the government must establish criteria in order to manage those issues.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 03:40 am
Quote:
Can you prove that wrong?

Well unless the wedding went something like this:

John do you take Mary, Sue, Sally, Ginger, Alice, Anita, Betty, Gloria, Susan, and Olive as your lawfully wedded wives?

Mary, do you take John, Sue, Sally, Ginger, Alice, Anita, Betty, Gloria, Susan and Olive as your lawfully married (what?)?

Etc.

Get the picture? :wink: In my opinion, you haven't got a leg to stand on with this one Scott. Sorry.

Quote:
And that was another one of my points.
Christians, most of them any how would THROUGH A HISSY FIT if it became legal, and that is WHERE THEY ARE HYPOCRITES

And throwing a hissy fit would accomplish what? Nothing, nada, zip. So, we are all left with the same thing. We vote for the things we want and we vote against the things we don't want. Whatever the outcome, that is what the law becomes.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 04:05 am
neologist wrote:
Yeah, but Scott, since there are legal issues involving marriage, spousal insurance, child custody, etc., the government must establish criteria in order to manage those issues.

Why shuch complex laws?
All you need is ones based on Life Liberity and Properity.
If either the Mom or Dad effects the child in MORALLY NEGATIVE way, then IMO they have given up the RIGHT to that child for they do not care about that child's LIFE LIBERITY or PROPERITY.
Otherwise if both are good parents, equal custody the government should have no say there.
INSURANCE is nothing but a HUGE RIP OFF of american tax payers, all it is, is ANOTHER TAX.

THE GOVERMENT MUST ESTABLISH CRITERIA.
Listen to that.
Say that over and over and over again 100 times.

(F word again) that, the GOVERMENT MUST GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR LIVES.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 04:16 am
Arella Mae wrote:

And throwing a hissy fit would accomplish what? Nothing, nada, zip. So, we are all left with the same thing. We vote for the things we want and we vote against the things we don't want. Whatever the outcome, that is what the law becomes.

And what makes you think you should have the RIGHT to vote on someones LIFE LIBERITY or PROPERITY.

This nation is founded on LIFE LIBERITY and the PURSUTE OF HAPPINESS.

So if gay marriage makes on happy, then according to The Unanimous Declaration of Independence of the thirteen united States of America IT IS ALREADY LEGAL.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness

AND WHEN A GOVERNMENT GOES AGAINST THIS WHAT DOES The Unanimous Declaration of Independence of the thirteen united States of America SAY TO DO.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

IT SAYS TO THROW OFF SUCH A GOVERNMENT.
DESTORY IT.
GET RID OF IT.
That which would deny someone of their RIGHT TO LIFE, LIBERITY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS.

I have more of a LEG to STAND on than you THINK.
I AM STANDING ON WHAT The Unanimous Declaration of Independence of the thirteen united States of America says.

It is you CHRISTIAN FANATICS who HAVE NO LEG TO STAND ON.
NOR DOES THE CON OR THE DEC GIVE ANY ONE THE RIGHT TO VOTE.
READ IT.
Only the ELECTORS have the RIGHT TO VOTE.
EAT THAT.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 07:35 am
Quote:
And what makes you think you should have the RIGHT to vote on someones LIFE LIBERITY or PROPERITY.

That would be the same right you have Scott. You vote your conscience, don't you? Well, so do I and so does everyone else.

Quote:

You forgot something here Scott, WITHIN THE LAWS OF THE LAND!

Quote:
So if gay marriage makes on happy, then according to The Unanimous Declaration of Independence of the thirteen united States of America IT IS ALREADY LEGAL.

Uh, no it's not. If it was there wouldn't be states trying to make it legal.

Quote:
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness

AND WHEN A GOVERNMENT GOES AGAINST THIS WHAT DOES The Unanimous Declaration of Independence of the thirteen united States of America SAY TO DO.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

DESTORY IT.
GET RID OF IT.
That which would deny someone of their RIGHT TO LIFE, LIBERITY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS.

I AM STANDING ON WHAT The Unanimous Declaration of Independence of the thirteen united States of America says.

READ IT.

EAT THAT.

Excuse me? I have no right to vote? Where do you live? I live in the United States and I do have a right to vote and I do vote and I vote MY CONSCIENCE whether you or anyone else likes it or not. You have the same option!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 07:46 am
Scott777ab wrote:

EAT THAT.

The only time that electors are involved is in a presidential election. In all other elections, the people vote directly.

Your off handed remark does not add much to your credibility! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 11:23 am
Scott, you must repeat your statement 111 times while swallowing a cup of sassafras tea in order for it to become valid.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 07:22 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:

EAT THAT.

The only time that electors are involved is in a presidential election. In all other elections, the people vote directly.

Your off handed remark does not add much to your credibility! Rolling Eyes

Yep that is CORRECT, and no where else in the Decleration or Constitution are we givin the RIGHT to VOTE on ANYTHING.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 07:23 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Quote:

That would be the same right you have Scott. You vote your conscience, don't you? Well, so do I and so does everyone else.

Quote:

You forgot something here Scott, WITHIN THE LAWS OF THE LAND!

Quote:

Uh, no it's not. If it was there wouldn't be states trying to make it legal.

Quote:

DESTORY IT.
GET RID OF IT.

READ IT.

EAT THAT.

Excuse me? I have no right to vote? Where do you live? I live in the United States and I do have a right to vote and I do vote and I vote MY CONSCIENCE whether you or anyone else likes it or not. You have the same option!

NO DEAR ONE. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO VOTE. READ the Darn constituion and Decleration. THAT RIGHT IS NOT GIVEN TO THE PEOPLE.

SORRY.
0 Replies