INTERNET RELATIONSHIPS AND PROTOCOL

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 12:34 am
djjd62 wrote:
there are people here i say things to i would never say to them in real life, i would never say it because i would avoid them in real life

<cough>omsigdavid<cough>

There's something to that I think at least if people behave here pretty much as they behave in real life. Based on behavior here, there are some who I would not want to be in the same town with, much less in the same room with. And those very same people are probably pretty decent in their real life relationships, but unless you meet them, how would you know?

Despite trying to keep things civil, I definitely irritate some people here and seem to pull their chains in a way that does not happen in real life. Of course in most social settings I would not offer strong views on religion, politics, or controversial social issues, but in settings designed for such discussions I do. Even with diverse points of view in such settings, people remain reasonably civil and courteous. There are some here who can also reasonably discuss differences in points of view but they are fairly rare.

I have to believe that the anonymity and/or distance here does affect how at least some people express themselves. I wonder if there really is that much repressed hostility in real life though. Smile
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 01:12 am
I have in the past said some rather naughty things to various female members That I probably would nto say in a fac to face situation. I also apply a certain amount of decorum to those in my own country whereas I am a little more naughty sometimes with those members in another country. I kinda feel like I am a little less threatening being so far away.
0 Replies