rockpie

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 05:32 am
i don't think i'm a protestant. i find them boring, too plain and i disagree with some of their views. just as i disagree with some catholic views. i read the bible and apply what it says to my life. i worship God in a free and lively way and if i am protestant then i haven't realised it yet.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:08 am
I worship God in a free and lively way. I do it by being all I can be, by striving to become better at what I do, to become more complete as a human being, and to understand better my place in the greater scheme.

I can see God everywhere, and if there's a place where It is hard to find, it is in the bible. God is not christian or muslim or hindu.

Thing is, if you disregard everything people have to say about God, then you might begin to hear what God is saying right now.
0 Replies

c logic

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:30 am
Cyracuz wrote:
I worship God in a free and lively way. I do it by being all I can be, by striving to become better at what I do, to become more complete as a human being, and to understand better my place in the greater scheme.

I can see God everywhere, and if there's a place where It is hard to find, it is in the bible. God is not christian or muslim or hindu.

Thing is, if you disregard everything people have to say about God, then you might begin to hear what God is saying right now.

I'm curious. When you say that you worship god, do you worship a god that has a connection to the god of the world history, or is it something in a completely different context? (is it the same god that had prophets and has "attempted contact" with people?)
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:54 am
Tricky question. The God in question is the God with a connection to the world history. It's had prophets and "attempted contacts" both.

If you believe history that is.

The thing is that when someone states that they don't believe in God, they are actually saying they don't believe in what people say about God.

I know this, because if I were to explain God in the way I understand it you would have to admit that this thing I speak of makes sense, because I would define everything completely. But you wouldn't be able to find a single word in any historical or religious text that can disprove it. You'd find plenty to verify it though.

I realize that my choice of words and angle in this post reek of presumption. But I am actually saying that when most people do not grasp the concept of God it is because of inaccurate history, misunderstood prophets and deliberate misdirection to gain power among men, not God, and that is pretentious. No disguising that. Smile
0 Replies