[resolved] Posted times

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:50 am
Sometime last night when my computer was not in use, the posted times on new A2K entries became reversed (A.M. vs P.M.) The clock on my computer did not change. Is this probably on your end or mine? If mine, any ideas as to how I correct it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,361 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Miller

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:52 am
Go to your profile section and you'll be able to adjust the time there.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:53 am
I see what you mean, the time problem must be on the A2K end, as my log in clock on A2K is about 12 hour off.

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:54 am
Thanks, Miller, that puts my mind at ease.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:00 am
Miller wrote:
I see what you mean, the time problem must be on the A2K end, as my log in clock on A2K is about 12 hour off.

Crying or Very sad

Yes, me too. A2K has been acting a bit flaky as of late. I think that the hamsters have to be put on a special diet! Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 11:07 am
The hamsters are in Costa Rica now and they beat to a different
drum (time) there Wink
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 02:55 pm
All being well, my post should show up after Calamity's comment about Costa Rico. If it's true to form with my last two, it'll show up a few posts before. What's going on? Anybody know?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 03:55 pm
Tai Chi, I have no idea - but it's fun! Razz

The only thing is - will anyone ever notice pranks like this one or these ones? Laughing
0 Replies

Totally Girly and Such

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 04:20 pm
test
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 04:28 pm
Aw Craven, I was just having fun with this! :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 04:31 pm
But a whole bunch of us couldn't post at all! (This is the first time I've been able to post for something like 5 hours.)

Thanks for fixing it!!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 04:35 pm
I have a theory as to why the new posts were posted out of order (since corrected). When The hamsters solved the A.M./P.M. mix up, new posts appeared to have come in before the earlier posts, hence they went to the wrong end of the thread.
0 Replies

Totally Girly and Such

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 05:08 pm
sozobe wrote:
But a whole bunch of us couldn't post at all! (This is the first time I've been able to post for something like 5 hours.)

Thanks for fixing it!!

This is what happened:

Last night a server update set the time forward 12 hours. Then today it updated to the correct time.

Those who posted in the future time were unable to post because they had timestamps that were not more than a few seconds before the current server time.

Others were able to post but their posts were not showing up at the top of the search because the time was before the incorrect post's times.

So I set the posts that were posted in the incorrect time (as best as I could determine) 12 hours back (I'm using this account because I needed to see more "new posts" to figure out when it went bad and good).

I didn't do so for topics so a few topic timestamps might be wrong but most else should be fine and what's not will become fine as time moves beyond the bad timestamps.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 05:18 pm
Totally Girly and Such wrote:
sozobe wrote:

Thanks for fixing it!!

This is what happened:

Last night a server update set the time forward 12 hours. Then today it updated to the correct time.

Those who posted in the future time were unable to post because they had timestamps that were not more than a few seconds before the current server time.

Others were able to post but their posts were not showing up at the top of the search because the time was before the incorrect post's times.

So I set the posts that were posted in the incorrect time (as best as I could determine) 12 hours back (I'm using this account because I needed to see more "new posts" to figure out when it went bad and good).

I didn't do so for topics so a few topic timestamps might be wrong but most else should be fine and what's not will become fine as time moves beyond the bad timestamps.

So...you say we entererd and left a time warp, and are still trailing bubbles of wrong time, and it made you into an exceptionally ugly woman?

Just a normal day on A2k then.....
0 Replies