Lenny Conundrum

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 02:19 pm
Can anyone help me with this weeks lenny conundrum? the one with the question

Gilbert the Gelert farmer (He's a Gelert who happens to be a farmer, not a farmer who grows Gelerts!) grows crops on a square field, 400 metres on a side. He has divided this field into seven different sections, such that each section has the same area, and each section meets at a point in the exact center of the field.

and the picture with food?

its the 186th lenny conundrum??

please help me!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 529 • Replies: 3
No top replies

aznneopetsfan

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 02:21 pm
LINK
heres the link to the question!!!

http://www.neopets.com/games/conundrum.phtml
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 03:44 am
Re: Lenny Conundrum
aznneopetsfan wrote:

Gilbert the Gelert farmer (He's a Gelert who happens to be a farmer, not a farmer who grows Gelerts!) grows crops on a square field, 400 metres on a side. He has divided this field into seven different sections, such that each section has the same area, and each section meets at a point in the exact center of the field....!

This is a standard area problem. What's the square footage of a 400 x 400 field? Divide that by 7 and you'll get your answer.
0 Replies

aznneopetsfan

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 06:59 pm
Re: Lenny Conundrum
jespah wrote:
aznneopetsfan wrote:

Gilbert the Gelert farmer (He's a Gelert who happens to be a farmer, not a farmer who grows Gelerts!) grows crops on a square field, 400 metres on a side. He has divided this field into seven different sections, such that each section has the same area, and each section meets at a point in the exact center of the field....!

This is a standard area problem. What's the square footage of a 400 x 400 field? Divide that by 7 and you'll get your answer.

my friend told me the right answer it was 921 and 400x400/7 doesnt equal 921
0 Replies