Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 09:24 am
Keep

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

In the End, One is always amazed at those who profess to follow Jesus, but at the same time they ignore all that he has to say about obtaining the kingdom. These will search high and low to gather scriptures out of context to refute what Jesus plainly states that One must do if they wish enter into the kingdom. In Matt. 19:16-17, we see an instance of an individual asking Jesus what they must do so that they may have eternal life. And Jesus answers them, that if they desire to enter into eternal life in the End, then they need to keep the commandments. Now we are at the End and those who wish to enter are insisting that they will enter without keeping. They insist that they will enter under their own terms

In the Strong's Dictionary of Greek Definitions, we see that keep means to observe, watch, holdfast, etcÂ…

Strong's Greek Definition

// threw // tereo // tay-reh'-o //

from teros (a watch);

AV - keep 57, reserve 8, observe 4, watch 2, preserve 2, keeper 1,
hold fast 1; 75

1) to attend to carefully, take care of
1a) to guard
1b) metaph. to keep, one in the state in which he is
1c) to observe
1d) to reserve: to undergo something

So question;
Why is it so hard to understand that if thou desire to enter into life that One should keep the commandments?
Why have Christians chosen to become lawless?
Why are Christians ignoring the words of Jesus?
Why are the teachers teaching a leavened Gospel?
Why are you allowing your itching ears to be tickled?

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 366 • Replies: 0
No top replies