Lord Lord We are in there!

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:02 am

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is amazing how in today's age, most Believers are of the mindset that their tickets to heaven have already been punched. Due to the leavening of the Gospel, those of the exceptionalist mind have come to believe that just because they have said Lord Lord, they have already entered into the doors of the kingdom. And while they believe that they are in, they have come to the assumption that everyone else has been left out. But in Matt 7:21- 23 Jesus basically says: Not so fast! Don't deceive yourselves. Don't think that everyone who confesses me as Savior is coming in. There are many of you who have confessed me as Lord, but you are not welcome.

So question,can someone please explain to us why is everyone continuing to leaven the Gospel?

Why are the teachers tickling the ears of the people?

Why do the teachers continue to teach that all that is necessary for salvation in the End, is the verbal confession of Lord Lord?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Definitions (Merriam Webster)
Say: (vrb) 1 a : to express in words : STATE b : to state as opinion or belief : DECLARE
2 a : UTTER, PRONOUNCE b : RECITE, REPEAT *say your prayers*
3 a : INDICATE, SHOW *the clock says five minutes after twelve* b : to give expression to : COMMUNICATE *a glance that said all that was necessary*
4 : SUPPOSE, ASSUME *let's say you're right*
intransitive verb : to express oneself : SPEAK

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 552 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 05:06 pm
What would you have teachers say?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:28 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
What would you have teachers say?

They could start with the truth. That is always good.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:29 pm
What's the truth?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:29 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
What's the truth?

Salvation is not free for Starters. Salvation does not wait until after death. The Bible is written for this Life. The Bible is not seperate from reality.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:46 pm
Ok. How do I know that that is the truth? Or more importantly, how do I know that the themes you suggest are even relevant to the truth?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 06:10 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Ok. How do I know that that is the truth? Or more importantly, how do I know that the themes you suggest are even relevant to the truth?

Well the truth is found in reality. So, you can start by checking it against reality.

If you examine the definition of salvation, you will see that it all deals with everything that One finds in reality.

Definition Merriam Webster
Salvation: (n) 1 a : deliverance from the power and effects of sin b : the agent or means that effects salvation c Christian Science : the realization of the supremacy of infinite Mind over all bringing with it the destruction of the illusion of sin, sickness, and death
2 : liberation from ignorance or illusion
3 a : preservation from destruction or failure b : deliverance from danger or difficulty
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 06:30 pm
That sounds like salvation is rescue from reality. Checking it against reality, the idea is somewhat offensive, since wanting salvation, in my eyes, reveals a reluctance to accept reality.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 08:21 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
That sounds like salvation is rescue from reality. Checking it against reality, the idea is somewhat offensive, since wanting salvation, in my eyes, reveals a reluctance to accept reality.

Actually wanting salvation stems from reality. Destruction is real. Sickness is real. Starvation is real. Ignorance is real. Failure is real. Illusions are real. Death is real. To want salvation from these things is everybody's desire.The coming of those things can be known. And when known they can be avoided. And if unavoidable there affects can be mitigated.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 06:04 am
I don't want salvation from those things. Those things are inevitable, and believing that you can escape them all is plain delusional. Destruction, sickness, starvation, ignorance, failure, illusions and death are parts of life, and I don't wish to be free of them. I wish to have the strength to face them, because it is through these, not by some salvation from them, that I can rise above their hold on me.

If you want to be free of all the things you mention, if that is what salvation means, then it isn't much different from 'suicide'.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 08:53 am
Cyracuz wrote:
I don't want salvation from those things. Those things are inevitable, and believing that you can escape them all is plain delusional. Destruction, sickness, starvation, ignorance, failure, illusions and death are parts of life, and I don't wish to be free of them. I wish to have the strength to face them, because it is through these, not by some salvation from them, that I can rise above their hold on me.

If you want to be free of all the things you mention, if that is what salvation means, then it isn't much different from 'suicide'.

So the destruction of the world is acceptable and welcomed by you. The unnecessary starvation, sickness, and mass death of children and people is always something to work towards? Injustice and murder is just great by you? Being ignorant is great? You are already suicidal. LOL

How will you rise from there hold on you if you are dead? LOL
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 09:28 pm
Re: Lord Lord We are in there!
Mindonfire wrote:

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is amazing how in today's age, most Believers are of the mindset that their tickets to heaven have already been punched. Due to the leavening of the Gospel, those of the exceptionalist mind have come to believe that just because they have said Lord Lord, they have already entered into the doors of the kingdom. And while they believe that they are in, they have come to the assumption that everyone else has been left out. But in Matt 7:21- 23 Jesus basically says: Not so fast! Don't deceive yourselves. Don't think that everyone who confesses me as Savior is coming in. There are many of you who have confessed me as Lord, but you are not welcome.

So question,can someone please explain to us why is everyone continuing to leaven the Gospel?

Why do the teachers continue to teach that all that is necessary for salvation in the End, is the verbal confession of Lord Lord?

Definitions (Merriam Webster)
Say: (vrb) 1 a : to express in words : STATE b : to state as opinion or belief : DECLARE
2 a : UTTER, PRONOUNCE b : RECITE, REPEAT *say your prayers*
3 a : INDICATE, SHOW *the clock says five minutes after twelve* b : to give expression to : COMMUNICATE *a glance that said all that was necessary*
4 : SUPPOSE, ASSUME *let's say you're right*
intransitive verb : to express oneself : SPEAK

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Quote:

To make themselves rich.

Quote:

Because people want to hear what they want to hear and not the truth.

Quote:

Not all of them do that Mind.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 07:42 am
mindonfire wrote:
So the destruction of the world is acceptable and welcomed by you. The unnecessary starvation, sickness, and mass death of children and people is always something to work towards? Injustice and murder is just great by you? Being ignorant is great? You are already suicidal. LOL

No. No and no. I do not want to sit idly by and see the world rent to ashes, nor do I wish to work towards starvation, sickness and mass death. I want to work against these things, and I am pretty sure that folding my hands and asking for deliverance from these things is a waste of time. I will have to deliver myself from the suffering, and the only salvation God offers is that he has given me the means to do so or die trying.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 09:02 am
Re: Lord Lord We are in there!
Scott777ab wrote:
Quote:

To make themselves rich.

Very True

Scott777ab wrote:
Quote:

Because people want to hear what they want to hear and not the truth.

Unfortunately True

Scott777ab wrote:
Quote:

Not all of them do that Mind.

The majority do
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 09:09 am
Cyracuz wrote:
mindonfire wrote:

No. No and no. I do not want to sit idly by and see the world rent to ashes, nor do I wish to work towards starvation, sickness and mass death. I want to work against these things, and I am pretty sure that folding my hands and asking for deliverance from these things is a waste of time. I will have to deliver myself from the suffering, and the only salvation God offers is that he has given me the means to do so or die trying.

If you will read this you will see that this is our whole point and the whole point of the Bible. >Organization, Combination, and Cooperation (Salvation)
Christians are no good today and this is all due to the belief that Salvation is not for this life and that they do not have to do anything to obtain it. They have been taught that all that they need to do is to say a couple of words and they will have salvation. This is not the message that the Scriptures are trying to convey. In fact what you have just stated is what the Bible states albeit in a very different manner.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 10:58 am
Well, I geuss I can relate to that, since I happen to be a person who is currently seeking to explain the concept of God according to logics. From a certain point of view, the things said about God in the bible are logically sound claims.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 11:22 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Well, I geuss I can relate to that, since I happen to be a person who is currently seeking to explain the concept of God according to logics. From a certain point of view, the things said about God in the bible are logically sound claims.

The Bible is logical. God is logical. It is the readers and followers who are illogical and unreasonable.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 05:27 am
That may be so Mindonfire, but I doubt that you've reached that conclusion reading only the bible.

A problem of the bible is that the experience needed to understand it doesn't come from it's words. The true things in the bible are visible to you as poetic considerations because you know the wisdom in them from elswhere. The bible alone cannot teach this wisdom. Maybe it could in the world it was written, but not anymore. Man has changed, language has changed too much.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 07:51 am
Cyracuz wrote:
That may be so Mindonfire, but I doubt that you've reached that conclusion reading only the bible.

A problem of the bible is that the experience needed to understand it doesn't come from it's words. The true things in the bible are visible to you as poetic considerations because you know the wisdom in them from elswhere. The bible alone cannot teach this wisdom. Maybe it could in the world it was written, but not anymore. Man has changed, language has changed too much.

Not really, If you will examine the Bible and reality, you will see that nothing has really changed. There is nothing new. Everything that the Bible speaks of is universal, and constant.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 08:28 am
Everything is universal. Nothing is constant. (Apart from the fact that everything changes).

The wisdom in the bible can be found elsewhere too. J.R.R.Tolkiens Silmarillion, for instance, not to mention the lord of the rings. Tolkien himself emphasized that there were no intended allegories, no hidden meanings or messages in any of his works.

Yet there is wosdom in the tales that Tolkien wrote. Great wisdom. Why is that then, if he didn't intend it?
0 Replies