What Work of Iniquity ?

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 01:48 pm
What Work of Iniquity ?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In Credit Denied, we brought up the fact that those who were denied entrance into the Kingdom were none other than fellow Christians. Now, what is actually quite perplexing is the fact that these were individuals who had done many wonderful works in the name of the Lord. But in Matt: 7:23 Jesus denies them entrance because of their work of iniquity.

So, here is this group of individuals who had done many wonderful works, but at the same time, they are doing a work of iniquity. And what is even more interesting, is that this work of iniquity cancels out all the other wonderful works which they had done.

Now, does anybody by any chance know what work of iniquity they are doing? What work of iniquity could be so great that it cancels out all of the other wonderful works which an individual has done? What work of iniquity is so great that it denies a Believer entrance into the kingdom?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 527 • Replies: 15
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 02:05 pm
I suspect they were selling cherry flavored condoms.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:30 pm
Re: What Work of Iniquity ?
Mindonfire wrote:
What Work of Iniquity ?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In Credit Denied, we brought up the fact that those who were denied entrance into the Kingdom were none other than fellow Christians. Now, what is actually quite perplexing is the fact that these were individuals who had done many wonderful works in the name of the Lord. But in Matt: 7:23 Jesus denies them entrance because of their work of iniquity.

So, here is this group of individuals who had done many wonderful works, but at the same time, they are doing a work of iniquity. And what is even more interesting, is that this work of iniquity cancels out all the other wonderful works which they had done.

Now, does anybody by any chance know what work of iniquity they are doing? What work of iniquity could be so great that it cancels out all of the other wonderful works which an individual has done? What work of iniquity is so great that it denies a Believer entrance into the kingdom?

In your other forum I already addressed your statement.
Be advised you are taking the verses out of context.
These verses are NOT talking about turning away true christians it is talking about those who profess to be for christ but are not it is those who he turns away.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:53 pm
I'm with Nick Fun on this.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 08:01 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
What Work of Iniquity ?

In your other forum I already addressed your statement.
Be advised you are taking the verses out of context.
These verses are NOT talking about turning away true christians it is talking about those who profess to be for christ but are not it is those who he turns away.

Maybe you need to do a better job of reading. Different post with the same verses with different questions.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:13 pm
Mindonfire wrote:

Maybe you need to do a better job of reading. Different post with the same verses with different questions.

That don't really matter because your taking the verses OUT OF CONTEX.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:16 pm
Mindonfire wrote:

The SIN they were committing there was saying to others that they were chrisians but when faced with the truth before God they are found lacking and are cast out. They were not REAL CHRISTIANS.

But again this is only according the bible.

Remember I don't believe the bible is the word of God.
Ok.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:27 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

You do not even believe or understand the Bible and you are trying to tell others that they taking it out of context. That's a first. LOL
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 11:09 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

You do not even believe or understand the Bible and you are trying to tell others that they taking it out of context. That's a first. LOL

Oh I understand it quite well.
I just do not believe it is the Word of God.
Big difference there.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 12:52 pm
I sent an email to God to clarify the issue. He said he'll get back to me before hell freezes over.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:18 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

Big difference there.

LOL! You don't even know who or what God is, so how do you know if it is his word?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 08:50 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
. . . LOL! You don't even know who or what God is, so how do you know if it is his word?
Gotta admit I'm all the way with all of you there, Mindy.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 08:55 am
neologist wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
. . . LOL! You don't even know who or what God is, so how do you know if it is his word?
Gotta admit I'm all the way with all of you there, Mindy.

Well, thank you.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 11:16 am
Mindonfire wrote:
LOL! You don't even know who or what God is, so how do you know if it is his word?

Do tell! How do YOU know?
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 09:04 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

Big difference there.

Please take a look at my new post Mind.

What is God? (Mindonfire Idea)
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 09:21 am
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

Big difference there.

Please take a look at my new post Mind.

What is God? (Mindonfire Idea)

Will do.
0 Replies