Some more riddles

Ellinas

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 04:53 pm
1. There is a long bridge with a sentry post at the middle. There is an armed guard in the sentry post who gets out of it every 10 minutes and checks if someone is passing the bridge. If he sees someone, he orders him to go back, otherwise he shots him. The time someone needs to pass the bridge is 15 minutes MINIMUM. How can someone pass the bridge?

2. Someone has a flask full of wine. He wants to give one litre to his friend, but he has only one extra bottle that takes 5 litres, and another one that takes 3 litres. How he will he measure the liter for his friend?

3. A recycling project, is offering new refreshments to the people who give empty bottles of a specific refreshment. Four emptly bottles of the refreshment are exchanged with a full bottle. A family has 24 empty bottles. How many free refreshments they are going to drink?

4. We have a room which has only one light inside. OUTSIDE the room they are three switches. One of them opens the light. How we are going to find out which is the switch that opens the light if we can enter the room ONLY ONCE?
Note1: The door is always closed when we are outside the room and we can't see if the light opens or not if we don't enter the room.
Note2: We can open as many of the switches we want at the same time.

5. A King of the Middle Ages got bored with his old Joker and wanted to find an excuse to kill him. So the King told the Joker: "Say something, whatever you want. If what you say is a lie I will hang you. If what you say is true I will kill you with the shord." . The King always does what he says. The Joker was thinking for some seconds and then he said something to the King. The King kept him alive. What did the Joker said to the King?

6. We have three closed boxes with fruits (We can't see the fruits inside). Each box has a sign. The first sign writes "Oranges", the second "Tangerines" and the third "Oranges and tangerines". All the signs are placed wrongly. How will we place the signs in the right boxes if we can take out only one fruit from one of the boxes? We can't look or put our hand inside the box.

7. A fisherman had to travel with a plane. However he could not go anywhere without his fishing-rod. Unfortunately, an official of the air company told him that he could not take his fishing-rod because it was 5 centimeters longer than the object size limit. The fisherman thinked about it and he finally found a way to take the fishing-rod with him without braking it or bowing it down. What was the way?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 818 • Replies: 1
No top replies

thoh13

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 05:57 pm
1. walk on the bridge for....say 8 minutes..turn around and walk towards where u started from...at 10 minutes the guard will see u, order u to turn around and go...DO IT an ull end up on th other side.
2. fill 3L bottle. pour that into 5L bottle. fill 3L bottle, pour 2L to fill the 5L bottle. u have 1L left in 3L bottle.
3. 7 refreshments and have 3 empty bottles left
4. flip 2 switches....wait 5 minutes. turn 2nd switch off. go into room. if light is on, its switch 1...if its off but warm, its light 2....if its off and cold, its switch 3
5. u will hang me
6. take a fruit of the box marked 'oranges and tangerines'...if its an orange, this box is oranges...the 'oranges' box is tangerines, and the tangeines box is both
7. he walked

all these riddles hav been posted on this site before, in one form or another
0 Replies