answer these!!!

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 01:24 pm
1. mr. and mrs. Johnson have 13 daughters, each daughter has 1 older brother. how many people are in the family?

2. mr. jackson is a butcher. he has 3 children and a wife. his shoe size is 9.5 and he is a size 2x in mens. he is 5'8". what does he weigh?

3. some months have 31 days some have 30. how many have 28?

4. A farmer has to get a sack of corn, a chicken, and a fox across a river. The farmer is only able to bring one of the above items along with him at a time. The only problem is if he leaves the fox alone with the chicken, the fox will eat the chicken, and if he leaves the chicken along the corn sack, then the chicken will eat the corn sack. How does the farmer get all 3 items across safely?

5. A horse is tied to a 15 ft. rope and there is a bail of hay 25 ft. away from him. Yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible?

6. You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth?

7. It's more powerful than God.
It's more evil than the devil.
The poor have it.
The rich need it.
If you eat it, you'll die.
What am I?

8. The one who makes it sells it.
The one who buys it doesn't use it.
The one who's using it doesn't know he's using it.
What is it?

9. The paragraph below is most unusual. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby, walking towards that group, saw a young girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "
The above passage is taken from the book "Gatsby" written by Ernest Vincent Wright in the late 1930's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is unusual about the paragraph above?

10. Two cops walked into a room with no windows and found a dead man who obviously hung himself from the ceiling, though they couldn't figure out how. There was no chair beneath him that he might have jumped off of, or a table. Just a puddle of water. How'd he do it?

11. what is broken every time it's spoken?

12. A man walks up to you and says - "everything I say to you is a lie."
Is he telling you the truth or is he lying?

13. What state is surrounded by the most water?

14. A farmer and his hired help were carrying grain to the barn. The farmer carried one sack of grain and the hired help carried two sacks. Who carried the heavier load and why?

15. A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys.
How can this be possible?

16. use the letters in "new door" to make one word.

17. what do you put in something to make it lighter?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,710 • Replies: 24
No top replies

thoh13

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:02 pm
1. 16
2. meat
3. all of them
4. take chicken, go back, take fox, go back w/ chicken, take corn, go back, take chicken
5. the other end of the rope isnt tied to anything
6. will the other door say that u r a liar?
7. nothing
8. coffin
9. doesnt use the letter 'e'
10. he stood on blocks of ice
11. silence
12. neither
13. only state surrounded by water is hawaii
14. farmer...his sack was full of grain, helpers sacks were empty
15. 4 boys and 3 girls + 1 woman...half r boys
16. rearrange 'new door' to make 'one word'
17. a hole
0 Replies

darkgirl

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:34 pm
12 and 15 are wrong. and those were supposed to be among the easiest.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 03:04 pm
12. He is telling the truth.

15. She is still pregnant for the 7th child and there is no diagnosis yet about the gender of the child.
0 Replies

darkgirl

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 05:06 pm
no, 15 is still wrong.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 11:29 pm
12. He certainly can't be telling the truth.
15. It doesn't say exactly half (or that the other half aren't boys). So, four or more are boys.
0 Replies

darkgirl

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 03:36 pm
actually, it's neither. it's a paradox and no acceptable answer exists.

and you're right. all the children are male. Smile
0 Replies

darkgirl

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 03:56 pm
1. Buckets, barrels, baskets, cans; What must you fill with empty hands?

2. A man sentenced to death is proposed the following choice "In order to choose your death. You will say a sentence. If this sentence is true you will be electrocuted. If it is false you will be poisoned." The man smiles, and says his sentence. He is still alive and will never be killed...
What did he said ?.

3. A very rich man refuses to split his fortune between his two sons. He says "I will give my fortune to the one whose horse will arrive LAST at the other end of the park." Surprisingly one of his sons jumps on a horse and runs as FAST as he can to the other end of the park.
Is he mad or what ?

4. A frog falls into a well 12 meters deep. It can jump 3 meters, but every time it jumps 3 meters, it falls back 2 meter. How many times will it have to jump to get out of the well?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 04:29 pm
15.) One of the children is a hermaphrodite.

I'm sure this isn't that answer you are seeking. But it's still true.
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 05:45 pm
i like my answer to 15 better Razz

1. basket
2. i will be poisoned
3. he jump on his brothers horse
4. 10
0 Replies

darkgirl

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 05:51 pm
1's wrong. your hint is the answer is obvious but it's not up there.
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 05:58 pm
1. gloves
0 Replies

darkgirl

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 06:28 pm
Very Happy right!

1. Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

2. Take the number of your fingers multiplied by the number of you toes divided by one half and add it to the number of months in a year. What is the total?

3. what goes around the world but stays in a corner?

4. give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?

5. A certain crime is punishable if attempted but not punishable if committed. What is it?
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 11:53 pm
2. 212
5. suicide
0 Replies

cge04

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 03:52 am
dark girl wrote
Quote:
give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?

4.fire
0 Replies

cge04

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 03:59 am
1. math error- add even
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 04:58 pm
Q1.

Clerk has $25
Friend 1 has $1
Friend 2 has $1
Friend 3 has $1
Bellhop has $2

Q3

Stamp
0 Replies

msjj16

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 03:48 am
what goes around the world but stays in a corner?

stamp
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 10:28 am
2) 172?
0 Replies

shaquille

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 02:31 pm
1. A man was taking a vacation when he read about a bottomless well in a small town. When he found the well, he found a local teacher who claimed she could throw a 5-pound weight into the well, no strings or rope attached, and be able to fetch it in 10 seconds. How?
0 Replies