croatia

BANZAI

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 02:43 pm
the most betaful contry on the world, former jugolsavia. who wont to know anything about croatia, sey some
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,000 • Replies: 23
No top replies

fresco

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 05:20 pm
Croatia was a friendlier place before the war when it was more cosmopolitan. Some serious PR training needs to happen equivalent to the old Yugotours operation. You have great scenery but you need to try harder at pleasing the customers.
0 Replies

BANZAI

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 04:41 am
jes we are laizy
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 03:03 am
Hey Banzai, is Goran Vlaovic still playing? If yes where is he?
0 Replies

BANZAI

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 02:44 pm
and who is that?
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 01:44 am
no Ellinas, Vlaovic quit couple of years ago.

Fresco - nah, it has nothing to do with war, we were always lazy :wink: people are generally very hospitable, but as of touristic offer Croats still believe that sea and sun is enough Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BANZAI

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:56 am
banzai from croatia: corect
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 12:40 pm
well, the seacoast is definitely among the most beautitful on earth. i spent many summers there, especially up in istria- near Koper, Porec, Pula.... beautiful white towns, and water so clear you can see 50 meters down. Too bad it is infested with German tourists every summer, but it's still worth it. I will always have a soft spot for Croatia.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 01:23 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
Too bad it is infested with German tourists every summer

< Giving dagmar a special place in the definately-gets-no-christmas-present-book >

As a weak excuse I only can excuse this with that the Croatian tourist board heavily advertises cheapest Croatia holidays via tabloids, discounters, lottery shops etc
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:48 pm
I...I....what I meant to say was.... ummm, anyhow.

It's not German tourists per se, but the proportion against others is mind boggling. Well that, and the fact that they actually put up little white picket fences around their motor homes, along with white gravel paths and gardens Laughing In a campground. I mean, I know they come for a number of weeks but... anyway, ok bye.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 01:12 am
Walter,

The Germans I have met in Croatia have been much more interestng and educated than the Brits. However there is a certain "Ordnung" characteristic which borders on stereotype. For example, I observed the following on the top deck of the islands ferry near Dubrovnik.

Herr X (in white shorts) about to sit on wooden bench seat....Frau X says "Moment....Schmutzig !" and dusts the seat with a kleenex whilst Herr X pauses with bottom raised...followed by "Alles klar !" from Frau.
0 Replies

BANZAI

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 08:58 am
what are jou saying?????????????
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 10:27 am
I wish you'd learn that "jou" is not a word in English.

The word you want is "YOU" . . . it is not to much to expect that you'd have learned that by now.
0 Replies

BANZAI

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:37 pm
how many languages do Jou SPEAK ?????????? i speak 7 languages, ha Jou never hear for eny anther languages expect only english. ha the ALL WORLD do not speak english. for me, english is language of conquer nation. do jou speak maybe russian, or maybe jappanesse ?????????
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:14 pm
banzai, what is your problem?

i speak, let's see, slovak, czech, polish, russian, english, french, and german....

....and 'you' is still 'you' and not 'jou', even if i spoke 3 languages more or 3 languages less.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:17 pm
BANZAI wrote:
and who is that?

Shocked
0 Replies

BANZAI

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 04:21 am
slovak, russian and czech is almoust the same language. with that, i then speak 10 language.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 05:18 am
I'm with jou Banzai.
I reckon you do well to communicate as well as you do in English.

still..... that doesnt mean you can't make some improvement.

setanta, Mater ti cigansku
0 Replies

BANZAI

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 05:32 am
vidi vidi, ima ovdje i ljudi iz ex jugo.
0 Replies

BANZAI

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 06:20 am
dadpad zivi u australiji, a govori neki od jugoslavenskih jezika. pa sta radis tamo dolje?
0 Replies