WitchCraft?

Bawb

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 04:46 pm
Is it real, is it not? What are your thoughts?

Please, many people quickly shun off witchcraft as either something completely bogus, or satanic. It is neither. I do not participate in it, but was just wondering what people thought.

I'm quite sure it is real, unless I've been on LSD or something all this time without knowing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 887 • Replies: 10
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 04:58 pm
I know a witch woman is Salem, MA and I have met many of her witch friends who all insist it is quite real - but not like the Samantha Stevens type real.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 05:18 pm
If you are convinced it's real, it's real for you.

Outside of one's own beliefs, it's hard to convincingly prove to a casual observer. Witchcraft and wiccans exist as a religion, but in reality, their "magic (black or white)" effects are probably caused by power of suggestion, in one man's opinion.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 05:50 pm
I would think it would depend on what you consider to be real. I am sure that those who practice witchcraft consider it to be real. I am also sure that those who claim to pull bunnies from hats also claim that it is real. Depends on who you ask and how you ask them.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 07:49 pm
Wiccans are real, but they don't eat babies or worship the devil or command demons. The term "witch" was historically derived as a slanderous term for witches and all the evil things that they were accused of during in the blood libel. It was basically all made up because they weren't Christian and people didn't like them. Obviously when somebody makes up a story just because they don't like them, it is not real...witches, as you think of them, are not and never were real -- wiccans are, but of course, they don't have magic!
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:01 am
I believe in Wicca, I do not believe in magic, but I do believe in powers, that might not be explainable (yet).
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 06:34 pm
Bohne wrote:
I believe in Wicca, I do not believe in magic, but I do believe in powers, that might not be explainable (yet).

Umm... how can you believe in wicca and not in magic? What they practice IS magic? no?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 06:51 pm
I found out after reading "The Serpent and the Rainbow" that Voodoo is a religion of sorts, and that zombification is possible. There is usually an explanation for most practices, but sometimes not.

(glad to see that some magician got Ragman's moniker fixed) Razz
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 07:54 pm
Letty wrote:
I found out after reading "The Serpent and the Rainbow" that Voodoo is a religion of sorts, and that zombification is possible. There is usually an explanation for most practices, but sometimes not.

(glad to see that some magician got Ragman's moniker fixed) Razz

Thank you, letty, if that was you who fixed it.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 09:17 am
Ragman wrote:
Bohne wrote:

Umm... how can you believe in wicca and not in magic? What they practice IS magic? no?

wiccan is a religion
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 01:34 pm
Wicca and Witchcraft Can Differ but not in all forms
I understand that Wicca ia religion. I've since read further. Please read the following:

"Wicca is a religion, and although its adherents often identify as witches, Wicca and witchcraft are not necessarily the same thing.

Wiccans may worship a Goddess and a God; they observe the festivals of the eight Sabbats of the year and the full-moon Esbats; and they have a code of ethics that most live by. Wicca is thus generally considered to be distinct from witchcraft, which does not of itself imply any specific religious, ethical or ritual elements, and is practiced in various forms by people of many religions, as well as by some atheists.

Wicca does, however, incorporate a specific form of witchcraft, with particular ritual forms, involving the casting of spells, herbalism, divination and other forms of magic. Wiccan ethics require that magical activities are limited to good purposes only."
0 Replies