Neuticles ? - what the heck next?

Mame

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 06:03 pm
Anyone here seen this or had it done to their pet???

http://www.neuticles.com/

Here's a direct quote from their site:

Neuticles allowing your pet to retain his natural look, self esteem and aids in the trauma associated with neutering.

Comments, anyone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,387 • Replies: 17
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 06:16 pm
Personally, if you whacked off my nuts and replaced them with phony plastic ones, it wouldn't do a THING for my self-esteem! My rage either, for that matter.

It's a wonder our pets don't kill us in our sleep....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 06:20 pm
I believe Slappy has a pair of those.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 06:54 pm
Hmmm...is is obviously insane if done for the animals....however, I had a quick look at the website, and the vets' comments mainly seem to be that it is a way of getting males to be less neurotic about having their pets done...ie it makes them feel less catastrophically identified.

The vets seem to support the stupid things because they hope it supports castration for the nutty owner, and hence hopefully ends up with less unwanted animals having to be slaughtered.

Seems harmless enough if it promotes that outcome.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 07:08 pm
C'mere my little Pacco.... I have a present for you-ou.....
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 07:16 pm
My question is about the self-esteem of the animal, not the owner Laughing
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 07:46 pm
Oh. My. GOD.

The neuticles themselves are hilarious enough, but did you see the giftware?! They have NECKLACES!

http://www.neuticles.com/shop/images/necklaces.jpg

Shocked Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 07:46 pm
Our male dog (small) has the selfesteem of a Great Dane. That's sufficient!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 08:01 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Oh. My. GOD.

The neuticles themselves are hilarious enough, but did you see the giftware?! They have NECKLACES!

Shocked Shocked Laughing

Do they have Neuticle cuff links?

Roland would like them.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 08:07 pm
dlowan wrote:

The vets seem to support the stupid things because they hope it supports castration for the nutty owner, and hence hopefully ends up with less unwanted animals having to be slaughtered.

The vets will support anything that brings them more business.

I think it's hilarious.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 08:22 pm
I'd heard of this.... what's next Utericles?
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 09:59 pm
Actually, those stupid things came out more than twenty years ago. They don't seem to have caught on real well, which both surprises me and does my heart good. Y'all were right about the things being for the benefit of the owner, because the dog REALLY doesn't care, and his self-esteem does just fine without them. I don't personally know any vets who promote this, but I doubt if most of them would turn down any requests, because it doesn't actually do any harm - it's just incredibly unnecessary.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 08:22 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
cyphercat wrote:
Oh. My. GOD.

Shocked Shocked Laughing

Do they have Neuticle cuff links?

Roland would like them.

Wow, Roland must be well dressed! I just love him more all the time.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 04:34 am
hello my baby whaby cyphercat, this is roland.

i like cuff links because I can bap them under the couch so they can be with my 47 mice under there.

sometimes somebody gets them all out from under there and then throws them all up in the air at the same time. oo la la, I don't even know which way to go!

I jump on them all, just like I would jump on you my cyphercat.

I would jump on you from behind and grab you by the neck with my mouth and pull you down just like a big lion and an antelope.

I practice that with Jezzer, but she doesn't like that, and she yells Rolling Eyes

but jezzer isn't my girlfriend, you are cyphercat. If you were here right now I'd chase you down the long hall.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 09:04 am
Sometimes you have to wonder what this world is coming to... if it's not neuticles, which is one the most ludicrous things I've ever heard of, it's this:

http://awfulplasticsurgery.com/

Why are people not happy or even content with they way they are? Some of these people were better looking prior to their sugery and some look downright scary now. I can see doing something about a huge schnoz or flappy ears, but really, just to plump up your lips, change your cheekbones, and whatever else they're doing - it's crazy.

The Catwoman and Michael Jackson are two of the most frightening-looking people I've ever seen; however, there are many others, like Farrah Fawcett and Melanie Griffith who have had too much surgery and look freakish.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:30 pm
Dearest Roland! Your mouse collection sounds divine. We would have SO much fun racing down hallways! I run very, very quickly, like one of those leopard thingies I see on tv when I get to pick the channel. The big dumb cat I live with always tries to catch me and he can't! Then I pounce on him from around corners and bite him, but I'd only bite you gently. <purrrr>

P.S. I just had catnip!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:44 pm
whoa, then we are BOTH ready for some good lovin'

I think we should both get under the bedspread and roll around

xxxx
oooo

grrrrrrrr.....

Roland
0 Replies

j00girl

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 03:40 am
Actually, I can sort of see a point to them - my cat is...shall we say, very well endowed. He would seem like a completely different cat without those huge things swingin around when he runs. Heck, I'm actually considering getting him fixed now ^.^

On the other hand, that's just ridiculous! I can't stop laughing, and at one point my eyes even teared up from laughing so hard Razz The things people come up with...
0 Replies