"Jesus Christ: Hope for Homosexuals.com"

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 06:33 pm
"ORLANDO, Fla., June 5 (UPI) -- A federal judge has denied a petition Thursday by a conservative Christian group seeking to remove a no-fly zone over Walt Disney World during Gay Days. The no-fly zone was installed at the request of Disney for national security reasons.
In an unusual alliance, both a conservative Christian organization and the organizers of Gay Days supported lifting the ban. The annual event draws more than 100,000 gays and lesbians to the theme park.
The Family Policy Network of Virginia had asked U.S. District Judge Anne C. Conway for a restraining order against enforcing a no-fly zone over Disney World ordered by the Federal Aviation Administration.
Aircraft are not allowed to fly lower than 3,000 feet within 3 miles of a point over the theme park.
The FAA, however, allows aircraft to fly through the zone if they are taking off or landing at local airports.
The religious group wants to tow its message "Jesus Christ: Hope for Homosexuals.com" for one hour on Saturday
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,659 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Fatima10

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 08:08 pm
I believe it was on able2know that I read a most profound quote, I thought. It struck THE cord in me.

This is paraphrasing the words, perhaps someone knows the exact quote,

"It will be a relief for me to die and be judged by Christ, and no longer be judged by the Christians".

Only God knows what is in our heart!

<I do NOT intend to begin or be involved in different discussion that spring from others **interpretations** of the bible.> I do not think that is what Dyslexia had in mind. He will have to speak for Dyslexia.

I was taught to live the life, "They will know we are Christians, by our Love" ....<Not our self-decided Judgements>. This is across the board. Love towards all, including the most difficult, our enemies.

To answer the one of the points of your observations, Dyslexia....I do not think that Disney is being over-cautious, at this time. The war against Terrorists is still being waged. <Will that EVER end?>

War against ANY sort of Terrorist.

Let us remember the atrocities that have been committed by Terrorists, have been in the name of religion.
Does it matter what religion it might be? In any event, evil committed against fellow human beings is a perversion of the spirit of true organized religions. Is it not?

AND, for the record, I am not against organized religions. I am against groups of people, who commit cruelities, whether it is physical, societal, emotional or psychological, against others who do not share their beliefs. In the name of Religion? I do not think so!

fatima10
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 08:50 pm
That'd be BiPolarBear
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 08:51 pm
and all this time i just thought it was funny.
0 Replies

Fatima10

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 09:03 pm
It is funny?
Dyslexia,

When you wrote:

"and all this timeI just thought it was funny.", To what "IT", are you referring? Is "IT" your original question?

Thank you. I look forward to your clarification.

fatima10
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 09:16 pm
dys-- I have to say I started to laugh....then, I thought it could be true. :wink: (Which is also funny.) Laughing
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 09:22 pm
You've got to feel sorry for Jesus. They've worked very hard over the years to ruin his reputation and, by gum, they've almost succeeded.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 09:31 pm
Dys, ya gotta stop posting these gems of human nature - you're killing me.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 04:02 am
Well, if the Christians tow a poster with their idea, I do not think that this could have insulted the participants of the Gay Day. As far as I understand, this is an attempt to inform them about the alternative to their way of life (I am not discussing now whether homosexual orientation may be changed or not), and not something insultive, like for example: "Dirty f***ots, you will burn in the hell!!!" Therefore, I do not see anything wrong in Christians' attempt to influence one of the possible audiences traditionally being far from Christianity.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 04:59 am
Perhaps some gay folks would be allowed to carry anti-Christian banners? "HE never met a man he didn't love!! -- Christ Against Christians .com"

One of the sorry things about a few cults and religions is they train people how to judge things -- based on some idea of good and evil. Most times I've seen it happen, applying the idea of evil to something is immediately followed by performing an evil act on them. Such religions are just another excuse for blind domination and war.

But then, other cults and religions have an open stance of listening, understanding, and learning to deal with all kinds of situations just as they are. The element of discovery seems far more constructive.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 05:08 am
Christ Against Christians is an oxymoron by definition. And Savior's love to all the people, men and women, was a brotherly one and not based on physical attraction.
0 Replies

orpheus

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 11:56 am
Just to enlighten you
In most western-european countries, same-sex marriages are legal. So in Europe we're looking forward to haveing a gay-event i Disneyland-Paris, saturday 4. october, without any religious organisations flying over the site with midieval messages.
0 Replies