New low for Islam

provoko

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 01:56 pm
Soon women banned from praying at Mecca... Need me to retype that one?

MSNBC reported it here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14721791/

I guess Saudi Arabia thought Islam could use MORE discrimination, intolerance, and hatred. GOOD GOING S.A.!

Here's the kicker, Mohammed the prophet never even hinted woman should be kept away from Mecca. So religiously, it's against Islam itself!

They go on to say there will be areas for them to pray away from Kaaba, and can enter only after the 5 daily prayers.... sooo to the back of the bus you go Muslim women!

It's like mind blowing! If they seriously do this, future generations of Islamic women will be less religious and more pork will hit the fan for Muslims.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 697 • Replies: 6
No top replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 03:04 pm
welcome to a2k.

Wow, that is a new low, whats with all these rules against women in islam?
0 Replies

provoko

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 03:20 pm
Welcomed since 2004. I should make that my signiture, haha.

But yea, all the rules are in Qur'an (their holy text), except for this one.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 05:24 am
This is Wahhabism, a very virulent and intolerant form of Islam. It seems to be quite prevalent in Saudi Arabia and was probably the form of Islam practised by the Taleban.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 07:26 pm
In the catalogue of appalling things done to women in the name of Islam, this one is pretty low on the list.
0 Replies

chiso

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 08:26 pm
What was that other Islam post ... "why is islam the fastest growing religion / why do people join islam?" Why does anyone join a cult, or a street gang? Neutral

I really love people of all kinds, from anywhere and everywhere, and their uniqueness and differences...its 'groups' of people I really learn to dislike, islam being one of them. I don't care how they package it or present it or explain it.

But since I don't really care, I've never taken the time to pursue an answer to a question I know has been asked here before: 'What does the female martyr get when she passes on from this world?' Does she get 72 male virgins and lots of wine? Or is she repackaged as a 'virgin' to be one of the 72 virgins presented to a male martyr?

Just curious.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 08:50 pm
Assuming no more than 2 conjugal visits a day, equally distributed, perhaps it is a blessing for a Muslim woman to have to be with her mate only once a month or so.
0 Replies