Paradigm: An OK Concept for an A-OK People

coberst

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 12:50 pm
Paradigm: An OK Concept for A-OK People

Margaret Masterman has written the essay "The Nature of a Paradigm" for inclusion in the book "Criticism and the Growth of Knowledge".

metaparadigm sociological paradigm construct paradigm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 449 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 01:47 pm
Quote:
Do you agree that anyone wishing to become an enlightened and important person must study this book?

No. Important and enlightened people have been about long before that book was ever written.

Also, I wish to become enlightened, although I suspect this ladder I'm climbing has no end. But important? I cannot say that I find this desire to be a good human trait, as opposed to wanting enlightenment. Who's important? I wouldn't presume to know anything about that at all, and maybe I believe that anyone who thinks they do are presumptuous beyond good reason.
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 02:50 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:
Do you agree that anyone wishing to become an enlightened and important person must study this book?

No. Important and enlightened people have been about long before that book was ever written.

Also, I wish to become enlightened, although I suspect this ladder I'm climbing has no end. But important? I cannot say that I find this desire to be a good human trait, as opposed to wanting enlightenment. Who's important? I wouldn't presume to know anything about that at all, and maybe I believe that anyone who thinks they do are presumptuous beyond good reason.

I am important! I am important!!
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 02:55 pm
Hmm... I'd say that all americans who decend from European settlers are all import ant(s).
0 Replies