Steve Irwin - Champion Environmentalist Lost

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:33 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I'm old enough to have lost many friends and family members, some to quick death, others to cancer, others to old age.

I also hunt and fish for my own food and watch stuff die on a regular basis. Steve Irwin was no "hunter", he was a game antagonizer. And he used his children as bait - pure and simple.

Maybe he loved animals - maybe he loved them too much. More than his own family perhaps?

And that is where I have a problem with him and others like him. Both he and his wife were/are well known animal activists, anti-hunters, and just not enough pro-human. Yes I watched him, with my kids - and like I've said before, told them not to try and emulate the idiot on the TV.

And no I'm not a big race fan, because the only real reason to watch is the crashes, and that's not cool.

Well, I am glad to hear that about the racing. You made it sound like the crashes were the entertainment. Actually a lot of people see it that way.
So, I agree with you on that. As far as Steve Irwin well you are entitled to your opinion and I cannot say you are wrong. I did not see him that way. It does not make me right either. If everyone had the same opinion then there would be nothing to talk or think about. (btw my cat that liked to take bathes with me died in 2001)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 08:27 am
I'm disappointed in TTH's change of avatar, but I understand if the previous one was drawing unwanted attention.

If that was you, all I can say is "Wow". Brains and beauty. Keep up the good work.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 03:16 am
cjhsa wrote:
I'm disappointed in TTH's change of avatar, but I understand if the previous one was drawing unwanted attention.

If that was you, all I can say is "Wow". Brains and beauty. Keep up the good work.

It was me and thank you very much for the compliment. I really needed to
hear something positive today. I hope you do not mind but I would like to list your avatar name in the what made you smile today thread.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 07:02 am
No problem. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies