No top replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 09:08 pm
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 09:33 pm
From wikipedia"
Quote:
Ablution may refer to the practice of removing sins, diseases or earthly defilements through the use of ritual washing, or the practice of using ritual washing as one part of a ceremony to remove sin or disease.

In general, we can say":

Ablution is really a cleansing of some parts of the body in preparation for prayer. If one honors God by prayer, then it seems appropriate to wash one's hands, feet, mouth and teeth, in preparation for praising God.

We honor God by first honoring ourselves and we do this with purification of body and mind.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 05:19 pm
Ablution can be taken with water or soil.. One glass water is quite enough for ablution. One glass water or little soil have not be for only cleaning. Perhaps there may be a relationships among ablution and body surface static electric, bioelectric energy, lenf circulationÂ… Ablution is also contains spiritual meanings..
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 05:20 pm
Miller wrote:
In general, we can say":

Ablution is really a cleansing of some parts of the body in preparation for prayer. If one honors God by prayer, then it seems appropriate to wash one's hands, feet, mouth and teeth, in preparation for praising God.

We honor God by first honoring ourselves and we do this with purification of body and mind.

Well said, Miller.

I'd add the following:

Physical purity means cleanliness of the body, clothing and environment. According to the rules of Islam, Muslims should keep their bodies and clothing clean from any impurities, especially the body wastes of humans and animals.

Islam insists on the use of clean water to cleanse the body of impurities. Even the clothing should be perfectly clean from any impurities. For that reason, Muslim bathrooms have a source of running water or pitchers of water next to the toilet.
By removing the impurities, Ablution helps Muslims keep a healthy body.

Ablution also prepares one mentally for Prayer and it also helps concentration in it. It is essential to wash or moisturize these parts of the body to generate concentration because the dispersion of thoughts is due to the keenness of the body's five senses. The centers of the five senses are the eyes, ears, nose mouth, hands and feet. It has been proven from the expertise of neurologists that the chain of thought can be rerouted by cooling fingers of the hands and feet. They also say that concentration of thoughts can be achieved by cooling the nerve-ends. A Muslim stands before his Creator by cooling nerve ends of his body with Ablution water and concentrating all his thoughts for the worship of Allah.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 07:16 am
I see Edgar is silent. Sad
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 12:29 pm
I began the thread tongue in cheek, little expecting to garner any responses.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 12:53 pm
Just stirring the religious pot again, huh?
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 12:54 pm
i think the whole idea is pointless, how could washing your self physicaly clear you of sin?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:13 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:
i think the whole idea is pointless, how could washing your self physicaly clear you of sin?

How is the idea that you can physically wash sin away any more outlandish than the idea of 'sin' itself?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:44 pm
Now we're getting somewhere.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:45 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Just stirring the religious pot again, huh?
Rolling Eyes

What you call stirring the pot, I like to call letting in sunlight (nature's disinfectant).
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:53 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:

I don't think the main point of ablution is to clear you of sin, but rather a courtesy to cleanse your self of impurities before praying. As Kevnmoon pointed out, you can use water or dirt to cleanse your self of impurities, even one so bad as touching a woman.

Quote:
4:43 O ye who believe! Draw not near unto prayer when ye are drunken, till ye know that which ye utter, nor when ye are polluted, save when journeying upon the road, till ye have bathed. And if ye be ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have touched women, and ye find not water, then go to high clean soil and rub your faces and your hands (therewith). Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:01 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I began the thread tongue in cheek, little expecting to garner any responses.

It figures since you don't believe in God.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:08 pm
Dang it, Miller; if God wanted me to be a Christian, he wouldn't have made me an atheist.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:15 pm
Also, after natural discharges, water should be applied because the use of toilet tissues may not be sufficient for the purpose of purity and worship.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:15 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Dang it, Miller; if God wanted me to be a Christian, he wouldn't have made me an atheist.

check and mate Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:35 pm
Abolution of what?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 05:09 pm
neologist wrote:
Abolution of what?

If you gotta have it explained it ain't funny anymore.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 05:50 pm
I must admit that I have generally expected ladies to perform at least some degree of ablution before engaging them in any deeply meaningful conversations.

Maybe I am a bit neurotic but there it is. I'm not extreme about it though which is a point in my favour.
0 Replies