No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 08:32 am
BBB
Whatever these profits are smoking, I want some. ---BBB
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 09:49 am
Maybe they're doing to us what we did to them; then maybe it's nothing more then paranoia.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 10:18 am
BBB,

Why are you posting this crap? Do you really believe that Mexico is starting a military effort against the US?

Defamation is the primary tactic of racists to make barbaric beliefs seem palatable to a wider audience. Theories involving race war have been used to slander Jews, Asians and African Americans... and now Mexican-Americans.

Invasion Shminvasion.... [phhrrbbbt!]
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 10:34 am
BBB
I posted it because Pat Buchanan made the charge on the Imus show last week. Just because I think it is a loony theory doesn't mean that there aren't some who advocate such action.

Being a history junkie, I also found the history of the events interesting from a historical viewpoint. It never hurts to be aware of a variety of political viewpoints even if I think they are unlikely crusades.

I certainly didn't post it from a racist point of view, which you should know by now that I wouldn't do. I'm disappointed at your overreaction and your low opinion of me.

BBB
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 10:39 am
Eeek! We're being invaded by elements of the Mexican Army and North Korean mercenaries?! Shocked

No wonder the UN wants to confiscate our handguns!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 10:41 am
BBB
blacksmithn wrote:
Eeek! We're being invaded by elements of the Mexican Army and North Korean mercenaries?! Shocked
No wonder the UN wants to confiscate our handguns!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

It is ridiculous, but the history is interesting, don't you think?

When I read Pat Buchanan's statements, I didn't know much about the topic of the advocates. I was curious so I searched for for it's history and posted what I found.

BBB
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 11:16 am
To tell you the truth, although the history is interesting, I find the degree of paranoia exhibited by this type of mindset even more fascinating.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 11:19 am
BBB
blacksmithn wrote:
To tell you the truth, although the history is interesting, I find the degree of paranoia exhibited by this type of mindset even more fascinating.

I'm even more interested in understanding why Pat Buchanan seems to think the threat is real. Of course, I consider Buchanan to be a world class racist so I shouldn't be surprised.

BBB
0 Replies