Heads Up Part 2!

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 04:39 pm
As you may recall, Craven de Kere is currently working on a new version of Able2Know which promises to be very exciting. See: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75522

One of the changes that is being made is that you will no longer have to remember your user name in order to sign in. Instead, you'll sign in using your email address and your current password.

This means that your email address must be valid. If it's not, you won't be able to get into the new A2K.

Do yourself a favor and check the email account used to sign up for A2K. If it's valid, you're fine and can go about your business. If it isn't, please contact the Help Desk (you can just click the http://www.able2know.com/forums/templates/Able2Know/images/icon_report.gif button on this post if you like, or click on "Contact us" at the bottom of any page) and just select the appropriate category on the left, click next, type out that you need to change your email address (don't forget to include your new email address!), and then click submit.

Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 964 • Replies: 11
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 05:02 pm
More news on user names.

See: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2097874#2097874 and http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2064037#2064037

Underscores will no longer be allowed in user names. Anyone with an underscore in their user name will have to change it. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Hence, if your current user name is Member_X, it's got to be changed. Member X or MemberX might be acceptable alternatives, but the Mod Team will have to check to be sure that your choice does not conflict with a preexisting user name. To be on the safe side, please provide a few (say, three) choices when requesting a new user name.

Send your request to the Help Desk. You can click "Contact us" at the bottom of any page, or you can use the http://www.able2know.com/forums/templates/Able2Know/images/icon_report.gif button on this very post to direct your request to the HELP DESK. Just select the appropriate Help Desk category (which is Account & Log In Problems), click next, type out that you need to change your user name, here is your current user name and here are your choices, and then click submit.

If a friend has an underscore in his or her user name, please encourage him or her to contact the Help Desk. Please do not do the contacting for them as this will affect their login until we get to the new A2K.

Thank you.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 06:27 am
Re: Heads Up Part 2!
jespah wrote:
One of the changes that is being made is that you will no longer have to remember your user name in order to sign in. Instead, you'll sign in using your email address and your current password.

This means that your email address must be valid. If it's not, you won't be able to get into the new A2K.

Do yourself a favor and check the email account used to sign up for A2K. If it's valid, you're fine and can go about your business.
Okay. Now here is my question: When I first came here I was at one e-mail address; but, upon my return I changed to another and I have also changed it in my personal profile info, wherein I was asked for my password as confirmation. Was this sufficient, or would it still be required by me to contact the help desk?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 04:33 pm
If your email address is valid, e. g. it's a working address, then you have nothing to worry about. It doesn't matter that it was changed, only that the current email address is a valid one.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 04:58 pm
a great email test is to report someone. Laughing
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:31 am
Underscored for life
ok..I have an underscore in my nick, so how do I change my nickname? or does A2K do that for me? Do I still retain my longevity stats? When is the new A2k going to occur?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:35 am
Okay, I just reported shewolf. Now what? Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:39 am
Re: Underscored for life
Ragman_orig wrote:
ok..I have an underscore in my nick, so how do I change my nickname? or does A2K do that for me? Do I still retain my longevity stats? When is the new A2k going to occur?

I had to do the same thing. Hit the report button on the post you just posted and tell the HD what your new name should be. Then follow these directions.

Quote:
Send your request to the Help Desk. You can click "Contact us" at the bottom of any page, or you can use the Report button on this very post to direct your request to the HELP DESK. Just select the appropriate Help Desk category (which is Account & Log In Problems), click next, type out that you need to change your user name, here is your current user name and here are your choices, and then click submit.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 01:26 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
Okay, I just reported shewolf. Now what? Laughing

if you are not reciving tickets about the report, then your email address does not match what a2k has

[size=7]assmunch...

report me will ya.. [/size] Laughing

ooo

i said that in front of a MOD... Shocked
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 01:03 pm
I just noticed that when I rest my cursor on a field in a menu a popup gives the spanish translation of the command. is this a part of the new system .... if so then whoa and a thumbs up! A2K espanol
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 08:17 am
Um, nope, not so far as I am aware.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 08:40 am
Gelisgesti wrote:
I just noticed that when I rest my cursor on a field in a menu a popup gives the spanish translation of the command. is this a part of the new system .... if so then whoa and a thumbs up! A2K espanol

Embarrassed sorry ... the translation deal is a feature of 'google's' tool bar ............... ok I'm an idiot
0 Replies