Please help me explore this...um...concept.

Limbo

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:10 pm
Hello, this is my first post but I did a little looking around and this seems like a great community.

I've had something thats been weighing on my mind, and I am looking for people to help me explore it from as many angles as possible. I've tried other boards but...well, it's a provocative concept that few are familiar with. Thats an explosive combination.

It's a concept with potentially wide-reaching implications, and it has wide-reaching problems, and is based on a few a priori assumptions on my part. Thinking outside the box is essential. You'll soon see why. I don't even really know what to call it...a concept? A theory? A belief? A philosophy?

I do have personal experiences which have pointed me toward this concept, thats why I'm a little more tolerant of my a priori assumptions.

I would rather put personal experiences aside for now, as much as I possibly can. I want to see how far I can get without them.

The concept is Thoughtforms.

I think that this concept could explain a great many paranormal phenomena (including my own).

Could thoughtforms be the imaginations of some sort of collective consciousness, which we being a part of, can perceive and contribute to? Is it possible that some or all of the gods, angels, demons and ghosts throughout the ages have been manifestations of our own collective dreams, hopes, and fears?

My own personal research says it is possible.

Before I go further, I would like to know if anyone is familiar with this concept...or if anyone has any questions.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 712 • Replies: 4
No top replies

aperson

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:09 pm
Limbo,

This is a popular concept in sci-fi, but it is usually found in the alien species.

Please elaborate more on the context of this concept; give me an example.

Also, try to be more specific in your title - that would attract more people.
0 Replies

BubbaGumbo

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 10:23 pm
Be more specific in your request. How do you want people to explore this concept when it is invisible and only sensed by those that are clairvoyant?

As it stands, it is one of the most ridiculous and stupid things I've ever read about. Try putting down the hash pipe before you "explore" this concept further.
0 Replies

dev56

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 11:29 pm
0 Replies

Limbo

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:16 am
I will elaborate a bit.

Thoughtforms are artificial entities, created accidentally or intentionally by the mind. They can be created by groups or individuals.

Throughout history they have taken many forms, depending on the local folklore of the culture that creates them. For instance, our modern culture accepts the possibility of UFO's, it's part of modern lore, we have common conceptions of the characteristics of UFO's, and so thoughtforms take the shape of UFO's.

Poltergeists are another example of modern thoughtforms.

Long ago they would take the form of fairies, gnomes, elves, or whatever else the local folklore conceptualizes.

Then there are the kind that are created intentionally. I don't know how much anyone here knows about ancient esoterics, but I know quite a bit. Every system I know of has methods of summoning and/or creating entities. They seemed to think they were spirits/demons/elementals, but I believe they were thoughtforms, created by the highly disciplined mind of the ancient adept.

King Solomon, the father of ceremonial magic, was a powerful summoner. Summoning and binding entities to his service was his specialty. I think he was creating thoughtforms.

Quote:
In the 1970s, a psychical research group "invented" a spirit named Philip. To their astonishment, Philip actually made contact with them through a host of incredible psychokinetic phenomena. How to create a Ghost

Socrates, evidently, had a thoughtform. A Daemon. It seems likely that Socrates was a trained adept of the Mysteries and knew methods of thoughtform construction similar to those of King Solomon.

Shamans create thoughtforms. Witches create thoughtforms, and bind them to animals as a "familiar". Thoughtforms can also be bound to objects, those are called talismans.

If thoughtforms aren't bound to anything, they are usually invisible. When visible, one of the most common appearances is as a ball of light.

Thoughtforms can also be bound to people. When done accidentally the result is something usually mistaken for "demonic possesion". When done intentionally, the result is a "medium" who can "channel" information from the thoughtform.

Precognition and telepathy could be defined as receiving information from a thoughtform or from some level of collective consciousness.

I don't mean this to be an attack on any paradigm or belief system so I hope no one takes this concept as an offense. I am merely a truth-seeker.
0 Replies