Help needed with Marlboro contest question

DesertRat

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 11:56 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
Here is a link describing the Brewers Sparrow.
http://audubon2.org/webapp/watchlist/viewSpecies.jsp?id=46
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 12:03 am
Marlboro outwit the west
yes Zulu it may be about beer instead of birds, clue #43 is a real stinker!
It would help if we knew who "they are" that are after it. Check out the link i added in the post b4 this one, it tells about the bird. All input is appreciated.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 12:17 am
Marlboro outwit the west
Maybe it involves a annual event in Colorado. Since Colorado keeps popping up alot in outwit the west 3 i wouldnt be surprised if #43 is somehow linked to the state. Maybe a event in Golden, Co. where they make the beer? I will stay after it. Good Luck!!
0 Replies

gallenm

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 04:12 am
Marlboro outwit the west
USED A COUPLE THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE BACK
ECHO AMPHITHEATER
http://www.vivanewmexico.com/ghosts/echo.html
0 Replies

gallenm

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 04:16 am
Marlboro outwit the west
Dever , CO.
http://www.agilitynut.com/giants10.html
0 Replies

gallenm

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 04:18 am
Marlboro outwit the west
The 1906 House
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/1219/
0 Replies

Zulu42

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 07:20 am
Re: Marlboro outwit the west
OK, it IS Coors!
If you look at the answer sheet #43 says "name the brewery" LOL

BTW, I am still looking for 2 team members!
Anybody interested in please e me at [email protected]

DesertRat wrote:
yes Zulu it may be about beer instead of birds, clue #43 is a real stinker!
It would help if we knew who "they are" that are after it. Check out the link i added in the post b4 this one, it tells about the bird. All input is appreciated.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 10:16 am
Marlboro outwit the west
Zulu, I think you may be right. Coors seems to be what fits for the clue. Those marlboro people are sneaky lol.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 10:26 am
What does that beer have to do with south of the border? I agree that its going to have to do with beer but I think you are a bit off... not sure yet.

They're after this brewer's tawny omnivore au naturel south of the border and beyond.

I don't see what that beer has to do with south of the border....
0 Replies

Zulu42

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 10:45 am
Re: #43
Depends which border you are talking about.
Could be referring to a second brewery?
Could be referring to where they distribute to?
Could be referring to South of the Border

I don't really know, but the additional clue "Name the Brewery" seems to point to Coors.

JRTAZ123 wrote:
What does that beer have to do with south of the border? I agree that its going to have to do with beer but I think you are a bit off... not sure yet.

They're after this brewer's tawny omnivore au naturel south of the border and beyond.

I don't see what that beer has to do with south of the border....
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 10:53 am
Clue #2
Try this out and let me know what y'all think for Clue # 2:
Amazon books

Check the book title and place where the book is set. Then Google the mountains of that state that are NOT part of the Rockies.

Am I far fetched? Y'all decide and please get back to me. THANX and Good Luck.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 11:34 am
Re: Clue #2
BONKERS wrote:
Try this out and let me know what y'all think for Clue # 2:
Amazon books

Check the book title and place where the book is set. Then Google the mountains of that state that are NOT part of the Rockies.

Am I far fetched? Y'all decide and please get back to me. THANX and Good Luck.

It seems the second poster in this thread may agree with you.
0 Replies

Zulu42

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 11:36 am
Re: hmmm i gave up the answers that i have so far....
I am no Geography Master either, but here is what I came up with for th 4 states: Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

aprilmae307 wrote:

29. HAHA -- i love this one and i actually made my mother look it up on her own -- she thought that the four corners was kansas, missouri, nebraska and illinois (obviously she is not a geography master lol)
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 11:39 am
Marlboro outwit the west
I dont know its confusing. We know for sure its a beer maker. What about the part that says tawny omnivore, could tawny omnivore mean a brown bear? Hamm's beer uses a bear on there logo or advertisements dont they? I think they are in Minnesota though. What other beer makers are there that would be considered as part of the western states or marlboro country. Coors has to be the largest, maybe theres a smaller one. The south of the border and beyond makes it even harder. For right now im going with Zulu's guess of it being coors. I will keep searching it though.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 11:52 am
Marlboro outwit the west
Bonkers, i got Rocky Mountain Oysters for clue #2.
0 Replies

Zulu42

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 11:55 am
Re: Marlboro outwit the west
It could be another brewer, but Coors is the one that stands out.
I also thing "tawny omnivore" means a yellow (golden) bear -- which is a play on words for the word BEER. Tricky tricky!

DesertRat wrote:
I dont know its confusing. We know for sure its a beer maker. What about the part that says tawny omnivore, could tawny omnivore mean a brown bear? Hamm's beer uses a bear on there logo or advertisements dont they? I think they are in Minnesota though. What other beer makers are there that would be considered as part of the western states or marlboro country. Coors has to be the largest, maybe theres a smaller one. The south of the border and beyond makes it even harder. For right now im going with Zulu's guess of it being coors. I will keep searching it though.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 11:59 am
Marlboro outwit the west
you know the researchers that came up with all these clues for marlboro are laughing their butts off. they sure know how to make it hard.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 12:11 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
http://www.colorado.com/static.php?file=fun_facts
I dont know if any of you found this page during your searches about colorado so here is the link. It may or may not help with some of the clues.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 12:56 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
Budweiser has a Eagle in there logo, eagles are omnivores. Also Miller Genuine Draft has a eagle logo. Hamm's is in Minnesota so that leaves them out. Still searching.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 01:32 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
i thought eagles were omnivores i read they are carnivorous instead, everytime i search omnivore a bear pops up
0 Replies