Help needed with Marlboro contest question

LOCOmoe

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 12:13 pm
trivia quiz
I agree this is cheating but if you have the anwser please give me a hint where u found the anwser
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 04:13 pm
#13 - Clue .... It is the name of a state.... look up Kittinger history.
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 05:39 pm
Anyone have anything at all on #40???? I can't get anywhere. A few references to "team roping" but that is about all. Thanks.
0 Replies

sid1012

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 12:19 pm
#46 is Gila county the black river and the white river come together to form the salt river and it is in Gila county
0 Replies

sid1012

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 12:20 pm
for #9 go to wikipedia san antonio, TX
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 10:47 am
12. A roughly 5-mile run at the bottom of a chasm gets it roughly one mile closer to standing still. About how high up would you have to meander to catch the sunrise?
(how high in hundreds of feet?)

I don't want the answer. What I'd like is someone to lead me into the right direction to look for the answer.

5. We've heard of a home where the buffalo roam, and the deer and the antelope play. But seldom is heard of an encouraging word from hospitable dinosaurs suggesting where to stay. Tell us what highway is overrun by these reptiles.
0 Replies

hybryd

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 05:25 pm
Yeah... #12 has me stumped.. I don't want the answer either, just a little help. More specifically, what is "it" referring to in the clue?

...gets it roughly one mile closer to standing still."

It's driving me insane!!! lol..
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 07:23 pm
driving me insane
I'm with you on that. Some of the questions make you crazy and that is one of them. Smile Good luck.
0 Replies

PACERFAN38

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 12:19 am
32 MILLION POUND ACCOMADATION
IT IS THE FAIRMONT HOTEL 3 BLOCKS FROM THE ALAMO LOOK IT UP
0 Replies

silverduchess

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 09:21 am
Clue #89
Clue #89
{ Four slugs from a 44 No less no more

In what graveyard, and in what town can this epitaph be found?

Boothill, Tombstone: Grave: Lester Moore
0 Replies

joegurl

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 10:21 am
help with #14
Did anyone get US highway 26 for #14. I have alot of answers if anyone needs help. THanks.
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 10:58 am
Rockies aint the stones....
I was thinking English bands, ya know, The Rolling STONES, and The CLASH?? I dunno what that has to do with Marlboro country but it was a thought...maybe I'm just trying too hard to make it too hard.... Confused
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 11:03 am
Clue# 14
I got Highway 50 through Nevada...
0 Replies

CTRISHA

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 12:04 pm
#4 The Wild Horses one
For #4, the Wild Horse One try looking up the lobby of the Brown Place Hotel, in Denver Coloado. This is where they they sealed the deal with a handshake and a $25,000.

teddy247 wrote:
My answers that I have are as follows.

#1 Sonoran Desert

#6 Terlingua Texas

#7 Top of the Rockies

#13 New Mexico... world record parachute jump

#22 Wynn Las Vegas

Please feel free to research and confirm. I think the wild horses one refers to the Denver Broncos, but have not been able to find anything about the establishment. Hope this helps and feel free to share. Laughing
0 Replies

rrussoniello

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 12:50 pm
Here's my 2 cents on what I have found thus far...
#1 Sonoran Desert

#2 I am still stuck here. Torn between Rocky Mountain Oysters and the Teton Mountains.

#3 is definitely Taos, NM as it is found in a biography of Georgia O'Keeffe and where her inspiration was found for using landscape and animal skulls.

#4 Brown Palace Hotel. Denver Broncos deal was made for $25,000 and a handshake.

#5 Torn between two. Dinosaur Diamond Prehistoric Highway or Hwy 40 home of Dinosaur National Monument.

#6 Terlingua, TX. Famous chili cookoff between NY and TX writers.

#7 is Mount Evans Scenic Byway built 1917, completed 1927. Highest elevation road in US. The clue asks for the road name, not the mountain.

#8 I believe is Skull Rock in Joshua Tree National Park. There is also Cap Rock which both refer to the "head" but think the skull is more appropriate.

OK, well there ya go. That is what I have come up with so far with my research. Please keep the guesses coming as many ideas here have helped me get on the right track and verify clues. Please feel free to make suggestions on the ones I am undecided on as any help is welcome as I will continue to post my findings. Just started yesterday, so I have some catching up to do.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 05:31 pm
This is stupid
Its one thing to help lead people in the correct direction. Its completely different if you are just going to give out answers. I mean come one they can do their own homework. Just give them a hint in the right direction. Give them an idea where to look. Don't give out your answers. Unless you want to share the million with other teams. Just think about it. Lead people in the right direction don't give them the answers.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 05:46 pm
marlboro outwit the west 3
Here is what i have so far.
#1 The Sonoran Desert
#2 Rocky Moutain Oysters
#3 Abiquiu New Mexico
#4 Brown Palace Hotel

Can someone help me with clue#43, they're after this brewer's tawny omnivore au naturel south of the border and beyond. Thanks
By the way, the artist for number 3 is georgia okeeffe, and abiquiu is the town she moved to in new mexico.
0 Replies

joegurl

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 09:04 pm
help with marlboro
I agree with rruss on #3. I think it is Taos,NM. Here is where i found my info http://www.ellensplace.net/okeeffe4.html . If you look at the clue again it says "when a visiting painter". Taos is where she visited every year. She later moved to the other town.

#5 is definetly Dinosaur Diamond Prehistoric Highway

Thanks Bonkers its US50 for sure.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 10:53 am
Marlboro outwit the west 3
Thanks for the tip on georgia okeeffe. I still need help on #43.
here are some other i got.
#24 Salton Sea, largest lake in cali due to colorado river over flow.
#28 Red Lodge
#36 Carlsbad Caverns
#46 Gila County, in arizona
I still need help with #43 can someone lead me in the right direction????
0 Replies

pagepappy

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 01:18 pm
clue 35
This will help with this one... clue #35
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=6228
0 Replies