Help needed with Marlboro contest question

radioshaq1

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:58 pm
Re: Marlboro Contest
dreamer6 wrote:
Will trade any answer I have for 19 and/or 29. I have at least 3/4 of them Confused

Hint: Do a search for "Four Corners" according to the answer sheet you need it in longitude and latitude.
0 Replies

CTRISHA

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:26 pm
Re: Marlboro Contest
chaching0711 wrote:
CTRISHA....
Go to Wikipedia...Four Corners, should help.
Everyone, try www.50states.com, been big help for me.
Good luck to all, and thanks for the tips.

Ok, great ! Thanks for the tips chaching.
0 Replies

SBrown

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 08:54 pm
New too rhis
I need BIG help with #51 my brain is tired! Have many resoved answers will trade.
0 Replies

Hopeyet

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 10:53 pm
Ranch
Does anyone know where the Ranch is located at? For those that have been there, what is it like? Did any of you go last year for Outwit the West 2?
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 11:03 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
lol you still have a brain at this point???? mine turned to jelly days ago lmao. Hello Gang!!!! Hi SBROWN, i do believe your looking for Shafer Trail.
that was a pretty easy one. you just had to research the Real location of the final sceen of thelma and louise. Lets see what do i need hmmm. 32 or 33 would be nice. 44 would be nice also lol. Did you guys figure out my clue for #30?? It was a easy one. Someone in a earlier post mentioned #54, if im not mistaken you will need to research Arches National Park. And yes thats what they causally mentioned in the dvd. There are maps on the website, you will need adobe. Just follow park ave from the entrance past the windows and bingo your there. I havent seen many answers posted lately!! I know how you guys feel these last of the clues have gotten really tough. I put a post it note over #43 so i wouldnt have to look at it anymore lmao. Lemme read over the post and see who else needed help. More later
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 11:42 pm
Re: New too rhis
SBrown wrote:
I need BIG help with #51 my brain is tired! Have many resoved answers will trade.

Hi, look up the towns of Faith and Field and check out what marvels they have or had on display there. She is a lovely old bag of bones. Have fun
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 12:04 am
Marlboro outwit the west
i told you my brain was jelly #50 was shafer trail. thanks for catching that russ
0 Replies

sippi127

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 12:22 am
I'm not to sure what does everyone think of "Black Mountain Brewing Co" in Colorado for #43
0 Replies

SBrown

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 12:43 am
Radioshak
Thanks for the help went there before just now got it! Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Madtine

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 06:16 am
The ranch I went to is in Montana! It looks like a ghost town it was so cool! You can see pics if you go to Crazy Mountain Ranch. Smile
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 10:27 am
Best answer I have for # 15
Hey Y'all! Been just skipping around the clues so I don't go completely ...well... bonkers! LOL

Any the who, I got Gondola Square Condominiums at Steamboat Springs for clue #15. as they are winter digs and block =square and they are also within steps of the Gondola Run Winter Zone. See what y'all think and let me know.

I have completely given up on #12 and have passed it to one of my teammates. (Although every time I ask them about it , they haven't really looked at it yet!!!!) Shocked
0 Replies

weiss

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:57 pm
help needed marlboro questions
skipping around seems to be the only way to stay sane with this goofy game.

anyone got any thoughts on # 44, 71, 75, or 84?
0 Replies

steph42

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 07:23 pm
weiss
Hey weiss Confused #84
Look up annual national fiery foods........I hope this helps......I am about to pull my hair out on #32 and #94...there are others too but these are the one I have been working on the most recent!!! Confused
0 Replies

LINSD

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 08:40 pm
Just some info
Hi all, I read through all the posts and felt like I needed to share something. From what I have gotten from last year's winner, this most likely will NOT go down to a tie as there has NEVER been anyone who has answered all 100 questions. Not only that, last year's team won by a full 7 questions. Which means that AT MOST the second place team had 92 correct and probably less than that as they would not tell the winning team how many they answered correctly, just that it wasn't all 100. This year is not expected to be any different. As far as sharing answers, it doesn't really matter. I used to be bummed to see answers I had worked hard on posted for everyone to see, but now they're all over the place so I pretty much had to get over it. The way this contest works is that there are about 75-80 that everyone will get. All the answers on this site so far are among those 80 and if you go to the 2 or 3 message boards that exist for this you'll see the same ones there. Then there are about 20 or so that are pretty hard to find or are so ambiguous that it is incredibly hard to figure out which one it is (ex. there are about 10 towns that have Brew & Blues festivals that last for three days). People who get the most right of those 20 will go to the Ranch. The last 5 are so are so impossible, only 1 or 2 teams will find any of them. So if you find one of them, it would probably NOT be in your best interest to post them.

One other thought. There have been a few message boards that have closed down because people were posting the answers and from what I understand, it specifically says that teams who engage in anything that could be considered unsportsmanlike conduct (which sharing answers apparently is), will be disqualified. Apparently, 1/2 of the teams who registered last year were disqualified for something.

I am not passing judgement, just passing on what I have read elsewhere from previous winners. I have no idea how much of it is true or not. Except for the theory about how the questions work. That's my own based on the fact that at this point everyone has about 80 but now we're all stuck.

Good luck!
0 Replies

weiss

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 08:46 pm
help needed marlboro questions
thanks steph, will check it out....is everybody looking at the testicle festival in clinton, mt. for # 2? our team captain (a man!) can't believe that could possibly be the right answer....
0 Replies

pagepappy

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 09:02 pm
Re: help needed marlboro questions
weiss wrote:
skipping around seems to be the only way to stay sane with this goofy game.

anyone got any thoughts on # 44, 71, 75, or 84?

heres a hint for #84
101- Austin Spice Company
747-New Mexico Dept of Tourism
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:51 am
Marlboro outwit the west
LMAO, speaking of #84, i was sitiing here watching Food Channel on tv earlier and Poof there it was, that was just too wierd. They did a small segment on it. All the folks that were going around sampling looked like they were in severe pain lol. One of those things where you need two scoops of ice cream, one for your mouth and one for your underwear lol.
Anyways, can someone help me with some direction on #91? A sideways three is a E right? It says the champ that called it home, as in he/she/they arent there anymore?Are he/she/they elsewhere now? The biggest in the second biggest. The biggest stadium in the second biggest state? A sports team maybe? 3 time champ. They want the champs name. You can see from previous post ive been real helpfull in posting answers and hints lets see someone help me now. If you dont want to post it here then email me at [email protected]
0 Replies

pagepappy

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 04:42 am
Re: Marlboro outwit the west
DesertRat wrote:
LMAO, speaking of #84, i was sitiing here watching Food Channel on tv earlier and Poof there it was, that was just too wierd. They did a small segment on it. All the folks that were going around sampling looked like they were in severe pain lol. One of those things where you need two scoops of ice cream, one for your mouth and one for your underwear lol.
quote]

I saw that on TV also
0 Replies

weiss

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 06:41 am
seems like E would be backwards three, not sideways three....?
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 10:53 am
CLue# 20
I know y'all probably already have this answer, but if you'll look at the book one of the fellas is reading you'll see the name that Jenny is asking for... see I can play by the "rules" and not post the answer. Razz
0 Replies