Real Hair Extensions - Don't Wear Them

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:00 am
Miller just struck a nerve.

I'm not fat, either, I am a little sloppy. I don't get pedicures and I don't get my hair cut regularly, I don't iron, my bedroom is a chaotic mess..... oh no! This is why I am still single! And don't make much money! I should have seen it sooner!

Yep, I'd rather spend the money I do have on animal meds so that my pets are happy and grad school.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:03 am
boomerang wrote:
I'm pretty sloppy. I prefer to spend my money on things like attorneys and mortgage than fashion.

I'm not really fat though.... maybe a little.

Perhaps I should apply for joint citizenship with somewhere......

Laughing
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:05 am
More than 40% of American women are overweight. I think, most fat women have been fat for so long, they actually think they're thin.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:06 am
Miller wrote:
More than 40% of American women are overweight. I think, most fat women have been fat for so long, they actually think they're thin.

So...you're saying we're all fat and just don't know it?

What do YOU weight?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:07 am
From the Lady Grace web site:

Quote:
Bra sizes 32-58 • Bra cups AA to L

A woman who wears a size 58 L is not a midget!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:08 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Miller wrote:

So...you're saying we're all fat ...

Please remember that I stated 40% of women are over weight.
I did not say, above 100%. Razz Razz Razz
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:09 am
Who the hell is Lady Grace and I don't know ANYONE who wears that bra size.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:13 am
Wouldn't the BMI be a more usefull diagnostic?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:15 am
Of course, but we're not talking logic here...we're talking stereotypes.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:18 am
Gosh, and I thought they use a horse's tail for hair extensions http://www.borge.diesal.de/board2/images/smiles/shameblue.gif

Hold your citizenship, boomer, there are much sloppier women in other
countries than in the US, and I don't even include these nations where
women wear only hoola skirts and pareos.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:28 am
Well, I was not aware of the hair donation thing. Thank you for informing me on that one.

However if you just can't always be one hundred percent sure on the story behind where the hair has come from. That's all I was trying to say.

x
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:59 am
Hummm....

fat women are sloppy.. Confused

that is interesting.

As for the hair-

It isnt a requirement that a woman or man, sell their hair to make it by.
And if it is a choice to sell your hair to feed your family, I personally am glad to hear about it.

Simply cut your hair, and you can have a few dollars to provide food for your family.

Ya know that some poverish people turn to drugs, prostitution, or theft for quick money right?

or they will forge their time slips at work for overtime

Given some of the other options for making a quick buck when you are in need, having your hair cut seems pretty harmless. Wink
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 11:23 am
I can't believe people on A2K are even arguing the ethics of human hair extensions!!!

I find it IS the same as paying for organs...

Exploitation and the suffering of the worlds poor (women) for the wests vanity is immoral and obscene.

Everyday women are forced to sell their hair to buy food, everyday women (and young girls) are being kidnapped by men simply for the price human hair reaches on the market - a market driven principally by the West. Let me assure you they do not bring along a fully qualified stylist to assist, the women and young girls are often beaten and injured during this barbaric act.

I wouldn't be happy wearing what tantamounts to human suffering on MY head. Of course you can take this argument to the extreme and ask me how I can be sure anything I wear doesn't involve suffering? I can't - of course. But I do know for sure that most human hair extensions are not donated to the west so someone can say their girlfriend looks great with long hair!

Most human hair on the market is there because it is either stolen, sold through extreme necessity, or taken through other (equally offensive means). If women in the west want long hair - simply grow it. I have two black women friends who would not EVER put human hair extensions on their heads, mainly because they do not feel the need to ape western fashion whims, but also because of the degradation of women involved in it's collection and processing - we are talking the worst kind of sweat shops, factories and hellholes where the hair is dyed, cleaned, sorted, combed, knotted, do I really need to tell you the ages of the children forced into this kind of labour, children have smaller fingers you see, and better eyesight, easier to exploit, you can get a lot of work out of them...industrial accidents? No problem - there only 6 ******* years old

Human hair supply is a big issue with most major charities, poverty and child exploitation pressure groups, that, lets face it, most of you fully support and maybe some of you even give money to - what a shame you are unaware of this practise.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 11:32 am
I hope you don't wear any of these brands or buy anything from the following stores; they all subscribe to sweatshops to make their products.

Nike
Phillips-Van Heusen
Disney
Guess?
The Gap
Banana Republic
Old Navy
Tommy Hilfiger
Reebok
Levi Straus
Liz Caliborne
Mattel
Wal-Mart
Kohl's
Abercrombie & Fitch
Adidas
American Eagle
Ann Taylor
Bugle Boy
Calvin Klein
Disney
GAP
Hanes
J.C. Penney
K-Mart
Levi
Pier 1 Imports
Polo Ralph Lauren
Sears

And I'm sure the list goes on.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 11:33 am
Quote:
It's not like we're talking kidneys. We're not Barbie dolls, hair grows back

No, we are not...

Yes, hair grows back...

I don't think (somehow) this argument stand up if faced with a badly beaten and shaved 15 year old girl.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 11:35 am
And NO ONE said anything about forced hair selling. DP was talking about people voluntarily selling hair for money.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 11:38 am
I am so aware of that argument, Bella...

I'm just informing and expressing an opinion, as we are all free to do. Also it is one area that I can be sure that exploitation of the worst kind happened during the products collection and production. I need shoes to put on my feet - I am aware that some shoes may have involved exploitation of some kind to produce...

But, I don't need someone elses hair on my head!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 11:44 am
Well, then what about someone who needs a wig? They must be the devil for wearing human hair.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 11:45 am
Point taken, if I were starving, no doubt I would 'voluntarily' sell my hair...

And fortunately, I live in the west, where I can pass my new short style off as a fashion statement and not the obvious victim of extreme circumstances and the culteral shame that goes with it...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 11:45 am
I don't mean to be bitchy.

I just don't think that any of us had slave labor in mind when starting this arugment. We were all discussing donating hair or volunarily selling it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:24:31