Tourist or Adventourist?

patiodog

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 02:23 pm
Beautiful. I grew up at the foot of the Stanislaus National Forest and the Emigrant Wilderness -- which, in turn, buts up against Yosemite Nat'l Park, but occasionally went further afield. Those above-treeline lakes are simply gorgeous. I remember clambering down scree filled crack toward Iceland Lake (or was it Sardella?) and being able to see, still about 200 feet above the lake, individual rainbow trout swimming in the water. I suspect they were artifically introduced; it would have been an incredibly isolated population if they were wild. Good eats, though, and clean breezes, and the only human sound in evidence beside your own feet and breath the occasional distant roar of an overhead jetliner, more like an indigestive god than encroaching civilization.

Hmmmm. Gotta get out.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 04:21 pm
Great to see you all stopping in and sharing your adventures, it sounds like you've had a grand time!
Little k you know I think the alone thing isnt so bad if you feel comfortable where you are doing it. Although Im unsure if I would want to do an overnight campout anywhere alone, I think its more about having someone to share that with rather than thinking the worst. And if it was a place I was familiar with, I dont think I would have a problem with it once I got there. Interesting to think of though how being a city gal hasnt made me completely paranoid, then again....I like playing with snakes and stuff so, its probably just my twisted self.
0 Replies