"Oh, What a Tangled Web We Weave...

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 12:24 pm
...when first we practice to deceive":

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.--Dick Cheney, August 26, 2002

Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons. George W. Bush, September 12, 2002

If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.--Ari Fleischer, December 2, 2002

We know for a fact that there are weapons there.--Ari Fleischer, January 9, 2003

Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent.--George W. Bush, January 28, 2003

We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more.--Colin Powell, February 5, 2003

We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have.--George W. Bush, February 8, 2003

So has the strategic decision been made to disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction by the leadership in Baghdad? I think our judgment has to be clearly not.--Colin Powell, March 8, 2003

Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.--George W. Bush, March 17, 2003

Well, there is no question that we have evidence and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of the operation, for whatever duration it takes.--Ari Fleisher, March 21, 2003

There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. As this operation continues, those weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced them and who guard them.--Gen. Tommy Franks, March 22, 2003

I have no doubt we're going to find big stores of weapons of mass destruction.--Defense Policy Board member Kenneth Adelman, March 23, 2003

One of our top objectives is to find and destroy the WMD. There are a number of sites.--Pentagon Spokeswoman Victoria Clark, March 22, 2003

We know where they are. They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad.--Donald Rumsfeld, March 30, 2003

Obviously the administration intends to publicize all the weapons of mass destruction U.S. forces find -- and there will be plenty.--Neocon scholar Robert Kagan, April 9, 2003

I think you have always heard, and you continue to hear from officials, a measure of high confidence that, indeed, the weapons of mass destruction will be found.--Ari Fleischer, April 10, 2003

We are learning more as we interrogate or have discussions with Iraqi scientists and people within the Iraqi structure, that perhaps he destroyed some, perhaps he dispersed some. And so we will find them.--George W. Bush, April 24, 2003

There are people who in large measure have information that we need . . . so that we can track down the weapons of mass destruction in that country.--Donald Rumsfeld, April 25, 2003

We'll find them. It'll be a matter of time to do so.--George W. Bush, May 3, 2003

I am confident that we will find evidence that makes it clear he had weapons of mass destruction.--Colin Powell, May 4, 2003

I never believed that we'd just tumble over weapons of mass destruction in that country.--Donald Rumsfeld, May 4, 2003

I'm not surprised if we begin to uncover the weapons program of Saddam Hussein -- because he had a weapons program.--George W. Bush, May 6, 2003

U.S. officials never expected that "we were going to open garages and find" weapons of mass destruction.--Condoleeza Rice, May 12, 2003

I just don't know whether it was all destroyed years ago -- I mean, there's no question that there were chemical weapons years ago -- whether they were destroyed right before the war, (or) whether they're still hidden.--Maj. Gen. David Petraeus, Commander 101st Airborne, May 13, 2003

Before the war, there's no doubt in my mind that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical. I expected them to be found. I still expect them to be found.--Gen. Michael Hagee, Commandant of the Marine Corps, May 21, 2003

Given time, given the number of prisoners now that we're interrogating, I'm confident that we're going to find weapons of mass destruction.--Gen. Richard Myers, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff, May 26, 2003

They may have had time to destroy them, and I don't know the answer.--Donald Rumsfeld, May 27, 2003

For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue, weapons of mass destruction (as justification for invading Iraq) because it was the one reason everyone could agree on.--Paul Wolfowitz, May 28, 2003
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,195 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 12:26 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

The Emperor's new clothes . . .
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 12:32 pm
Good God, there's more?!?

Rumsfeld said on CBS's 'Face the Nation' that American intelligence reports indicated that Iraqi forces "have chemical and biological weapons, and that they have dispersed them, and that they are weaponized, and that, in one case at least, that the command and control arrangements have been established." as reported in the New York Times, March 24, 2003, p. B12.

Ari Fleischer, the White House spokesman, responded to Iraq's claims that it possesses no weapons of mass destruction by declaring that "Iraq has lied before, and they're lying now." as reported in the New York Times, December 8, 2002, Section 4, p. 2.

"The president of the United States and the secretary of defense would not assert as plainly and bluntly as they have that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction if it was not true, and if they did not have a solid basis for saying it," Ari Fleischer as reported in the New York Times, December 6, 2002, p. A1.
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 12:37 pm
Re: "Oh, What a Tangled Web We Weave...
Baghdad Bob was more believable.
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 12:39 pm
addendum to my Baghdad Bob reply.....

I actually miss the dude!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 12:48 pm
While campaigning for Republican Congressional candidates during the 2002 election across the nation, our President said:

1 OCT 14 Michigan : September the 11th changed the equation, changed our thinking. It also changed our thinking when we began to realize that one of the most dangerous things that can happen in the modern era is for a deceiving dictator who has gassed his own people, who has weapons of mass destruction to team up with an organization like al Qaeda.

2 OCT 28 Colorado : [Saddam is] a person who claims he has no weapons of mass destruction, in order to escape the dictums of the U.N. Security Council and the United Nations -- but he's got them.

3 OCT 28 New Mexico: He's got weapons of mass destruction.

4 OCT 31 South Dakota: There is a threat in Iraq. And the threat exists because a leader there not only has denied and deceived the world about whether or not he's got weapons of mass destruction, but this is a guy who's used weapons of mass destruction. He not only has them, he's used them.

5 NOV 01 New Hampshire: We know he's got chemical weapons, probably has biological weapons.

6 NOV 02 Tennessee: We know that this is a man who has chemical weapons, and we know he's used them.

7 NOV 02 Atlanta, Georgia : He's a man who has said he wouldn't have weapons of mass destruction, but he's got them.

8 NOV 02 Florida : He's a man who has said he wouldn't have weapons of mass destruction, but he's got them. ... You know, not only does he have weapons of mass destruction, but, incredibly enough, he has used weapons of mass destruction.

9 NOV 03 Minnesota : This is a man who not only has got chemical weapons, I want you to remind you, friends and neighbors, that he has used chemical weapons.

10 NOV 03 Illinois : I see the world the way it is. Saddam Hussein is a threat to America. He's a threat to our friends. He's a man who said he wouldn't have weapons of mass destruction, yet he has them.

11 NOV 03 South Dakota : Saddam Hussein is a man who told the world he wouldn't have weapons of mass destruction, but he's got them.

12 NOV 04 Texas : He said he wouldn't have weapons of mass destruction -- he has weapons of mass destruction. ... Not only has he got chemical weapons, but I want you to remember, he's used chemical weapons.

13 NOV 04 Arkansas : This is a man who told the world he wouldn't have weapons of mass destruction, promised he wouldn't have them. He's got them. ... He said he wouldn't have chemical weapons, he's got them.

14 NOV 04 Missouri : He said he wouldn't have chemical weapons; he's got them.

Now I ask you, as you read this lie, repeated and broadcast and published ad nauseum, and relating strictly to the topic of weapons of mass destruction, what is the difference between Bush and Saddam?

As far as I can tell, Bush never said we didn't have WMD. And that's about it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 12:49 pm
Seems incredible -- but it is true.

But keep in mind -- they probably won't be able to plant the weapons until much closer to the election, because...ah....well...you know.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 12:52 pm
GreenEyes wrote:

There is, or, at least, was, a fan web site devoted to ol' Bob . . . i'll see if i can find a URL for ya, Boss . . .
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:07 pm
Setanta wrote:
GreenEyes wrote:

There is, or, at least, was, a fan web site devoted to ol' Bob . . . i'll see if i can find a URL for ya, Boss . . .

Thanks Setanta. Do you know if they ever released the rap song using his own words? I heard a clip a while back and it is just too funny.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:08 pm
At what point will the media realize that they get nothing but lies?

And how long after that will they say so?

Quote:
The Baghdad bunker which the United States said it bombed on the opening night of the Iraq war in a bid to kill Saddam Hussein never existed, CBS Evening News reported Wednesday.

The network quoted a U.S. Army colonel in charge of inspecting key sites in Baghdad as saying no trace of a bunker or of bodies had been found at the site on the southern outskirts of the Iraqi capital, known as Dora Farms.

"When we came out here, the primary thing they were looking for was an underground facility, or bodies, forensics, and basically, what they saw was giant holes created. No underground facilities, no bodies," Col. Tim Madere said.

No Bunker where U.S. Bombs Targeted Saddam
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:15 pm
I was wrong, there isn't a Bagdad Bob site . . .

There are hundreds of them.

Here's one, from Davidsstuff.com, which lists many of his quotes:

Bagdad Bob Page[/color][/b]
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:17 pm
PDiddie wrote:
No Bunker where U.S. Bombs Targeted Saddam[/URL]

Doesn't surprise me. I fear the US is a train wreck just waiting to happen with GWB as the engineer and his cronies conductors.
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:19 pm
Setanta wrote:
I was wrong, there isn't a Bagdad Bob site . . .

There are hundreds of them.

Here's one, from Davidsstuff.com, which lists many of his quotes:

Bagdad Bob Page[/color][/b]

Thank you! I am actually at work, but will check it out tonight.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:33 pm
You know, considering the burden of PD's thread here, and the character of our favorie Ba'ath Party official, it seems a shame that he's disappeared. He could have been a very useful asset to the Bush administration . . .
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:34 pm
See, Ari quit just in time for Bob to have a job...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:37 pm
And just think how much more attention would be paid to WH press conference with Bob at the podium . . . we could get him a really cool Special Forces uniform an' everything . . .
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:58 pm
PDiddie wrote:
See, Ari quit just in time for Bob to have a job...

Great idea PDiddie. Bob would definitely have to keep the beret....wouldn't be the same without it.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 04:57 pm
Heard somewhere that Rumpsfelt says something to the effect that Saddam must have destroyed them all to show up the Bush Regime. Then we get the report that the vehicles that must have been used for field assembly have be decommissioned and clean.

Wait a second, this is what the UN inspectors were telling them, and now the Bushies are asking the inspectors to come back into country so they can find some of the questionable materials for them - Good God, what a shill!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 05:19 pm
Is innocense a Weapon of Mass Destruction?
Then I guess nobody has 'em.

Quote:
For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue, weapons of mass destruction (as justification for invading Iraq) because it was the one reason everyone could agree on.--Paul Wolfowitz, May 28, 2003

Did the issue come before or after the decision to make war?
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 05:37 pm
Quote:
AOL News: BAGHDAD (May 29) - U.S. forces vowed Thursday to destroy the ''scumbags'' attacking them in Iraq as British Prime Minister Tony Blair became the first Western leader to visit the country after the invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein.
Blair's lightning visit to southern Iraq came as the U.S. military, stung by persistent disorder in Baghdad and attacks that have killed six U.S. soldiers since Sunday, reshaped its forces to deal more effectively with the twin threats.
''There are still some regime thugs,'' said Maj. Gen. James Mattis, commander of the 1st Marine Division. ''They are not significant and are relatively easy to take out,'' he said, describing them as ill-trained ''scumbags.''
Blair, who gambled his political career on the Iraq war, brushed aside growing controversy at home over the justification for ousting Saddam as he flew to the southern city of Basra to laud the conduct of his troops.
''When people look back on this time and look back on this conflict, I honestly believe they will see this as one of the defining moments of the century. And you did it,'' Blair said.
Back in Britain, there were new allegations that parliament and the public were duped in the lead-up to the U.S.-led war into believing allegations about Saddam's weapons of mass destruction.
Saddam's alleged deadly arsenal was the main justification cited by Blair and President Bush for going to war.
BBC Radio quoted an unnamed senior British official as saying a dossier compiled by the intelligence services had been altered at the request of Blair's Downing Street office to make it ''sexier'' by adding a statement that Saddam's weapons could be ready for use within 45 minutes.

So senseless loss of life continues ... but who are the real scumbags now??
0 Replies