WHY ISLAM AND WHY MILLIONS CONVERT TO ISLAM(ANSWERS)

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 04:34 am
dalahow2 wrote:
detano inipo wrote:
Many Christians are starting to ask questions.
Once they get to that point, they most likely will become atheists.
Blind faith, no questions.

Christianity has seen an unprecedented conversion of christians to Islam solely because Islam provides them answers...

WOMEN AND ISLAM

The truth about women in various religions

Women In Islam

TERRORISM AND ISLAM

.......Terrorism in Islam was answered here.......

This is the source of Terror in the world

DEMOCRACY AND ISLAM

Democracy in Islam

Christians also started talking about Islam rapidly growing conversions in the world ....see Fastest Growing religion in the World---Islam

Converts to Islam from all over the world

Converts of Islam

PROPHET MOHAMMED AND ISLAM

The most Influential person doesn't come from Nobel prize which is biased.........This is the Number one person in the world......Never be biased..with 1.5 billion people

IF YOU CLICK HERE, YOU WILL KNOW WHY ISLAM HAS ANSWERS TO ALMOST ANY ANSWER YOU MAY ASK ACCORDING TO YOUR BELIEF

Be happy Smile Smile Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,592 • Replies: 20
No top replies

neologist

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 10:40 am
Perhaps Islam needs new converts because they are killing each other in such large numbers.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 11:35 am
think so..
neologist wrote:
Perhaps Islam needs new converts because they are killing each other in such large numbers.

You said what I wanted to say
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 11:54 am
Question
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 12:15 pm
Just for balance, there is THIS

Beyond dispute is that religious prejudice is the root of much if not most of the tragedy, ruin, and injustice which has plagued humankind over the ages. History demonstrates conclusively that at the very least religious bigotry, if in fact not formal, organized religion itself, is something humankind better could do without.

Can religious bigotry, with its attendent hate and incitement to opression and violence be divorced from religion? Given the record, it seems that while some religion constructs do not trend to hate, oppression, and violence, the religions derived from the Abrahamic Mythopaeia are particularly inclined toward such inhumane, irrational, indefensible outrage, with special emphasis on the Christian and Islamic subsets of the Abrahamic religions.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 12:23 pm
enjoy
timberlandko wrote:
Just for balance, there is THIS

Beyond dispute is that religious prejudice is the root of much if not most of the tragedy, ruin, and injustice which has plagued humankind over the ages. History demonstrates conclusively that at the very least religious bigotry, if in fact not formal, organized religion itself, is something humankind better could do without.

Can religious bigotry, with its attendent hate and incitement to opression and violence be divorced from religion? Given the record, it seems that while some religion constructs do not trend to hate, oppression, and violence, the religions derived from the Abrahamic Mythopaeia are particularly inclined toward such inhumane, irrational, indefensible outrage, with special emphasis on the Christian and Islamic subsets of the Abrahamic religions.

If you read Newtons 3rd Law of Physics, Action is equal to reaction, provided the elastic limit is not exceeded..I think we reached the elastic limit now....This is a counter-balance anyways

& you may have some drink before You read this.........Enjoy!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 12:28 pm
I don't need religious - or political - screed to help me enjoy drink; in fact, I much prefer it without.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 12:29 pm
Right on, Timber.

Mostly.

The priest delivers soldiers to the front and bigots to the pogrom.

Proof only that the cleric has hijacked the word.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 12:45 pm
timber-

How do you envisage humankind doing without religion when there is no known example of any reasonably successful culture having developed without one, and deifying a real human line of descent counts as a religion. Or a principle.

You have nothing to go on to show how institutions might arise in a religion free world.

The problems you point to are the price we have to pay for an essential component of cultural growth and development just like deaths and injury on the roads is a price we pay for individual transportation. It is possible, using your bleeding-heart superiority, to campaign for the banning of motor vehicles.

I once read that more Americans have been killed on the roads than have died in all the wars they have engaged in put together. I don't know if that is true though.

Your obvious sentimentality at what you see on the news is unbecoming in an anti-ID theologian who seeks to have input into educational policy for millions of children. The essence of theology is its indifference to suffering and humanity. It isn't a style choice for the sake of having the PTA nodding in agreement.

Otherwise policy is determined by those who can wring their hands and tug at the heartstrings of the masses to best effect. Hell fire preachers say.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 01:19 pm
(sits down with drink)

Waiting for Timbers answer as I ponder the comparison of choosing a religion and having an accident.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 01:57 pm
spendi, the record speaks for itself; religion, whether its inherent to the concept or not, is and has been a signal source of humankind's problems. There's nothing to go on per a world without disease, either, but it is no great intellectual excersize to figure out disease is not good for humans and other growing things (to steal and paraphrase an old '60s aphorism). Spirituality is one thing, and religion, particularly formal, organized, conservative/fundamentalist religion is another thing entirely - a thing demonstrated throughout history, unarguably, to have a propensity for developing all but invariably into a vehicle of hate, oppression, and violence.

As for a "Religion Free World" and the potentialties thereof, that's the direction humankind has been heading over the past few centuries, with modern, essentially secular, democracies leading the march of civilization and its continuing advance. We've come a long, long way since popes were kingmakers and kings effectively simultaneously were sectarian as well as political leaders. Rule by divine right has been replaced by rule of law based on the rights of humanity. We aren't all the way there yet - far from it, in many instances, but any scholar of history can see that's where we're headed. Religion, even formal, organized religion, no doubt will be an attribute of the human condition for long, long to come, but conservative religious fundamentalism is slated for history's rubbish tip, and the sooner the better. If encouragement is to be had, it may be found in the sectarian upheaval and unrest so rampant today; one only may hope it marks the death-throws of ignorant, luddite, reactionary, fear-and-superstition-based religious fundamentalisms of all sorts. Civilization's continuation depends on humankind outgrowing that particular sociopathy.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 02:01 pm
(grabs abother handful of popcorn and starts hummong "Imagine.")
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 03:09 am
where?
Like moving the headquarters of "Christianity" to the "Vatican"..

Where did christianity starts anyways?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 06:59 am
Re: where?
dalahow2 wrote:
Like moving the headquarters of "Christianity" to the "Vatican"..

Christianity got its start in the Roman province of Iudaea, an area comprising Judaea, Samaria, and Idumaea; the sect originally was centered in Jerusalem, spreading from there through the region and into Syria during the latter half of the 1st Century. In 48/49 CE, The Council of Jerusalem, the first Christian Council, was held, establishing certain early doctrines and articles of faith. According to Christian tradition, the seat of the religion was moved (by Peter, purported to be then titular head of the sect) from Jerusalem to Rome not long thereafter; the particulars and even the validity of that claimed move are matters of some dispute, and have been for most of Christianity's history.
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 07:14 am
Re: where?
dalahow2 wrote:

Origin? Judaism
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 07:14 am
timber addressed me earlier and it is polite to respond.

The only trouble is that I don't see anything to respond to.

I asked how you saw institutions arising in the absence of religion out of the previous matriarchal sub-culture which lasted about 2 million years or maybe 4. I didn't ask for a diatribe suitable for an audience of tabloid readers and which I have heard versions of since I was six.

If you persist in lumping all religion into one bag, choosing an example out of the bag, attacking it and thinking that discredits Religion you rather underestimate threaders, or at least this one.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 08:39 am
Re: enjoy

Actually, according to Newton, for every action (force), there is an equal and opposing reaction (force) without any limits at all.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 08:54 am
spendius wrote:
I asked how you saw institutions arising in the absence of religion out of the previous matriarchal sub-culture which lasted about 2 million years or maybe 4.

No, you didn't.

Quote:
If you persist in lumping all religion into one bag, choosing an example out of the bag, attacking it and thinking that discredits Religion you rather underestimate threaders, or at least this one.

You overestimate religion - particularly the pantheon from which derive the assorted permutations of Western religion - if you think there is counter example.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:36 am
yeah
Quote:
So much that some fellows think...Their religion is the best...When it's the Opposite

So God was seen in the streeeeets ....of Bait Laham? Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 12:36 pm
timberlandko wrote:
. . . As for a "Religion Free World" and the potentialities thereof, that's the direction humankind has been heading over the past few centuries . . .
Do you think a purging of organized religion will take place?
0 Replies