Miller

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:19 pm
It is He who is revealed in every face, sought in every sign, gazed upon by every eye, worshipped in every object of worship, and pursued in the unseen and the visible. Not a single one of His creatures can fail to find Him in its primordial and original nature.

Futûhât al-Makkiyya
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,726 • Replies: 36
No top replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 08:46 pm
which means.....?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 08:09 am
Meaning?

God is everywhere.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 08:20 am
I looked under the mattress. Hmmmm . . .
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 08:33 am
you got god in my peanutbutter, you got peanut butter in my god.
0 Replies

KnowJah

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:20 pm
Re: To Find God
Miller wrote:
It is He who is revealed in every face, sought in every sign, gazed upon by every eye, worshipped in every object of worship, and pursued in the unseen and the visible. Not a single one of His creatures can fail to find Him in its primordial and original nature.

Futûhât al-Makkiyya

Hmm..I dont really know exactly what that means but I kinda agree.

Did you know that all of us have a "god" gene? I heard it on tv.

Article - Faith-Boosting Genes

Which kind of makes sence because throughout history people have had a need to worship something. Like the Indians long ago. That spiritual gene is stronger in some than others of course.

Matthew 5:3: "Happy are those conscious of the spiritual need"

Although God is everywhere it actualy is hard to find him. You have to be sincere and earnestly search for the truth.

Matthew 7:14: whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.

Proverbs 2:4: if you keep seeking for it as for silver, and as for hid treasures you keep searching for it

Acts 17:27: for them to seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us.

James 4:8: Draw close to God, and he will draw close to YOU.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:36 pm
KnowJah wrote:

Which kind of makes sence because throughout history people have had a need to worship something. Like the Indians long ago. That spiritual gene is stronger in some than others of course.

I am so sick of this argument. But i am also sick of the obvious responces of well what about atheist, well they praise money science themselves....what have you. Instead i say we also have a "vigin goddess" gene. Every religion has some kind of virgin goddess, Athena, Minerva, Isis, Virgo......The Virgin Mary....even christianity falls under this.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:52 pm
Miller wrote:

Futûhât al-Makkiyya

Cop-out.
0 Replies

KnowJah

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:51 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:
Instead i say we also have a "vigin goddess" gene. Every religion has some kind of virgin goddess, Athena, Minerva, Isis, Virgo......The Virgin Mary....even christianity falls under this.

Uh....no.
My religion doesnt believe in no goddesses.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 08:01 pm
First off Welcolm to A2K, hope the experience is enlightning.

and i was only usiong that to make a point.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 08:14 pm
KnowJah wrote:

Article - Faith-Boosting Genes

Your article concludes:

Instead the book we have today would be better titled: A Gene That Accounts for Less Than One Percent of the Variance Found in Scores on Psychological Questionnaires Designed to Measure a Factor Called Self-Transcendence, Which Can Signify Everything from Belonging to the Green Party to Believing in ESP, According to One Unpublished, Unreplicated Study.

...and yet you make the claim "all of us have a god gene". Amazing.

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 08:17 pm
Laughing Stop it stop it my sides are splitting.....
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 09:00 pm
Which statement do you prefer?

God is everywhere.
Everywhere is God.

Are they the same?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 10:21 pm
JL, no, not the same.

The first allows for his existence "outside" of reality.

The second says that he is all of reality itself.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 11:28 pm
Very good, grasshopper. I agree.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:54 am
God is watching.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 08:42 am
Miller wrote:
God is watching.

This brings me to a realisation I had yesterday.

George Orwell's 1984 can also be seen to be an illusion to religion (namely Islamo-Christian religions).

Big Brother is God.
Goldstein is the Devil.
The Ministries are the Church.

The existence of Big Brother and Goldstein are never once explained properly. Do they as a concept exist or as physical beings? Did they once exist as physical beings but are now concepts, imagery and puppets of the State/Church?

Then I remember that the telescreens and the fact that Big Brother is supposed to look like Stalin, which reminds me that Mr. Orwell deliberately wrote the book as a criticism of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.

Of course, that isn't to say that it can't be taken as a critic of religion gone too far.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 05:09 am
"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2 plus 2 makes 4. If that is granted, all else follows"
George Orwell

That was the point of 1984. It certainly applies to church power as much as any other. Just ask Galileo....or Kansas school teachers.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 02:50 pm
Eorl, another way of looking at "freedom" is the personal right to contend that 2+2=5. It's just that government cannot force you to proclaim or deny it. There must be no "official" truths.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 04:05 pm
Wait, im so confused what does 2+2 equal? Great now i forgot basic math! Thanks alot Eorl and JL.
0 Replies