Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 02:16 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Hey, 'tis a joy to have you right back!

Ditto! Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:02 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
...when I started coming to in the recovery room...I was trapped in my head, paralyzed, unable to articulate basic questions or to check myself for surgical incisions...

I remember that stage well, Noddy. Once I had an emergency appendectomy and woke to find my worst enemy hovering above my face pretending to be an Angel of Mercy. My immediate reaction was that I must not have made it through the surgery, and this was Hell.

It took an agonizingly long time to regain my speech, but once I did..... Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 05:08 pm
Soo so so glad to hear that Noddy is on the mend!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 05:11 pm
Make way for Noddy!!! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383122/
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 05:13 pm
Making way! Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 05:18 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
my son helped me with a bit of practical and symbolic gardening geared to the flowers that will bloom in the spring.

That was so perfectly approriate that it brought a tear to my eye.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 05:26 pm
Me too. Laughing
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:17 pm
Hurray! Glad to hear the good news, Noddy!

I'll bet you're so glad to have that overwith! Now you can relax!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:23 pm
Funny... I was very worried in the days before your surgery, Noddy. Didn't start sniffling though until I read some of the happy posts in the hours since the good news.

Think I'll go googling for bulbs for Spring.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 09:14 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Many, many thanks to all.

Does euphoria make adrenal glands work overtime? I've been on an adrenalin rush for more than 24 hours and am just beginning to be sensibly tired--partly because my son helped me with a bit of practical and symbolic gardening geared to the flowers that will bloom in the spring.

Yesterday morning I managed another Character Building Experience when I started coming to in the recovery room. Obviously I wanted to know the results of the biopsy and whether or not a mastectomy had been necessary. Nurses were hovering, but I was trapped in my head, paralyzed, unable to articulate basic questions or to check myself for surgical incisions.

When I regained powers of speech, I croaked "Biopsy?" even before "Water, please." First good news, then water.

As soon as we got home--and he'd poured me a glass of herbal tea--my son headed for the computer to notify all interested parties, on and off A2K. He's been an angel lamb, right down the sharing the futon with dear little Iffykins, a pit bull, who sleeps as soundly as a forty-pound cinder block in the middle of the bed.

Again, thank you all. You are a most effective support group.
I just noticed this thread, I wish only the very best and I always appreciate your posts.
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:23 pm
Me too.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:08 pm
As instructed in the discharge instructions, the dressings are off and the sutures look clean. I have very little pain--I'm guessing that during the lumpectomy eight years ago, a lot of nerves were sliced and can no longer communicate with the brain.

Perhaps I'll never be able to wear pasties with tassels. Alas.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:11 pm
Nice to see that you're on the mend, Noddy.

It's a shame about the panties, but we all have to make sacrifices.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:12 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Perhaps I'll never be able to wear pasties with tassels.

Let's not get carried away.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:34 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Many, many thanks to all.

Does euphoria make adrenal glands work overtime? I've been on an adrenalin rush for more than 24 hours and am just beginning to be sensibly tired--partly because my son helped me with a bit of practical and symbolic gardening geared to the flowers that will bloom in the spring.

Yesterday morning I managed another Character Building Experience when I started coming to in the recovery room. Obviously I wanted to know the results of the biopsy and whether or not a mastectomy had been necessary. Nurses were hovering, but I was trapped in my head, paralyzed, unable to articulate basic questions or to check myself for surgical incisions.

When I regained powers of speech, I croaked "Biopsy?" even before "Water, please." First good news, then water.

As soon as we got home--and he'd poured me a glass of herbal tea--my son headed for the computer to notify all interested parties, on and off A2K. He's been an angel lamb, right down the sharing the futon with dear little Iffykins, a pit bull, who sleeps as soundly as a forty-pound cinder block in the middle of the bed.

Again, thank you all. You are a most effective support group.

Noddy. I am so glad you are ok. I completely missed this thread and was just told about it the other day. I wish I could have seen this when it started and offered you even a small portion of the kind of support you have offered to me in the past. You are such a vital part of A2K and I am so glad you are still here and doing fine.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:48 pm
PAsTIES, gUS, NOT pANTIES......('scuse the lock-caps).
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:51 pm
Oh
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:53 pm
I've met Noddy, as far as I can tell her breasts are not in need of underpants.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:54 pm
Are you mocking me?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:54 pm
She could, however, work some pasties.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 09:05:38