Biopsy on Monday--Please wish me luck.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 10:47 am
Sending you much love, and many wishes for health from our current position by the Thousand Islands.

A houseful of positive thoughts heading your way from hamburger, mrs. hamburger, Mr. Bailey, Miss Cleopatra (who doesn't know how much she owes you), Setanta and ehMushballFriend.

Eugenie sends her regards and wishes you all the best.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 11:21 am
Thanks to all. Many, many thanks.

The hospital just called. I'm to be there at 5:30 on Monday morning and the surgeon will operate as soon as he finishes his coffee.

I'm braced to explain to my near and dear that this time was picked for the convenience of the surgeon, not for the driver.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 11:26 am
The sun will be up, the birds will be singing, and hopefully there will be good news. We'll be thinking of you as the alarm goes off on Monday, and always.

With love and hugs, jes and RP
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 11:27 am
Wishing you nothing but good things. You will also be in my prayers at this time.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 11:31 am
Prayers and best wishes, Noddy!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:34 pm
Noddy, there's a mini-gathering of A2Kers in Chitown on Monday. I'd like to offer a special thought to you during the evening. What shall we drink on your behalf?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:39 pm
Ah, Noddy. I hope it is nothing so serious as that. Know that my best thoughts will be with you.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:53 pm
Bear hugs coming your way, Noddy, along with our love. You'll be in our thoughts.

Hold your dominion!

(Hope you don't mind me quoting one of my very favorite A2Kers)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:54 pm
my best thoughts too Noddy. I know your concern and fears. Its a bitch that you cant just have it done and over with today and not drag out the anticipation till Monday.
No matter what the outcome, your attitude does matter. Be as dominion holding as you advise us all.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 05:12 pm
oh dear oh dear oh dear.......... I will be wishing you luck with the rest of a2k.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 07:17 pm
Again, thank you all very much. Fifty-six hours and I'll be able to hand the problem over to someone who can Do Something rather than speculate.

Drew Dad--

Combining the biopsy/mastectomy is my choice. The odds are excellent that in spite of radiation and chemotherapy eight years ago the tumor is back. If so, I saw no point in having a biopsy and then making an informed choice to have a mastectomy. I'd rather have one surgery than two.

J_B--

A little bourbon and branch water would be elegant--if accompanied by good wishes.

Again, thank you all so much. My ambiguous mammogram was less than two weeks ago, but I'm all of a frazzle with speculation.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 07:22 pm
Here's hoping that you emerge with your dominion in tact. I'll be up at 6:00 AM EST on Monday. I'll start the positive vibe flow pointed eastward.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 07:29 pm
Noddy, I don't post that much in the scheme of things, so you probably don't know that I worry with you now, and hope for the best on Monday. But I do.

Strong, good vibrations form Toronto,Ontario. (you've got a far reach).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 07:35 pm
56 hours. Lord love a duck.

Your son is with you now, isn't he?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 07:39 pm
I can not imagine how you feel right now.

I do hope it isnt cancer..

but if it is, I hope your surgeon has had his coffee and is in good spirits when he sees you .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 08:00 pm
Dear Noddy

Like everyone else here I feel very anxious & worried about you. I hope (& hope & hope!) for the best possible outcome for you on Monday. If I was a religious person I'd say many prayers for you. But I'll keep you constantly & firmly in my thoughts, & also name the new rose bush (I'm planting this afternoon) after you. (It's a lovely rich crimson - very you! Very Happy ) The very best of luck to you, Noddy.

Love,
Olga
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 08:13 pm
Re: Biopsy on Monday--Please wish me luck.
Noddy24 wrote:
This year my routine mammogram was abnormal. Either my scar tissue grew considerably in the last year or the tumor in my right breast which was removed eight years ago has returned.

I'm scheduled for a biopsy on Monday. Tissue will be sent from the OR to the pathology lab and if the tissue proves cancerous, I'll have a mastectomy that day.

Please wish me luck.

My prayers are with you.
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 08:18 pm
Noddy24 wrote:

Combining the biopsy/mastectomy is my choice. The odds are excellent that in spite of radiation and chemotherapy eight years ago the tumor is back. If so, I saw no point in having a biopsy and then making an informed choice to have a mastectomy. I'd rather have one surgery than two.

This is a wise decision. I know that waiting for the results can be a dam pain in the ass, but remember this too will pass. Be hopeful for a good outcome, I know I will be hopeful for you. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 09:57 am
Msolga--

Thank you for christening your rose bush. Roses in springtime are a very good omen.

Seventeen and a half hours to go until an expert is in charge. I just discovered that I no longer own any staid, button-down-the-front tops, so I'll be coming home from the hospital in one of Mr. Noddy's XL shirts.

May this be the greatest of my problems.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 09:58 am
When will you be home and back in contact?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 02:08:52