randomprincess5

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 05:48 am
CORRECTION!
I have read several times that you need 100000 to get the baseball trophy, but this is not correct, you only need 10,000 because I did it yesterday and so did my daughter

randomprincess5
0 Replies

psalmstress

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 06:01 am
Re: CORRECTION!
randomprincess5 wrote:
I have read several times that you need 100000 to get the baseball trophy, but this is not correct, you only need 10,000 because I did it yesterday and so did my daughter

randomprincess5

Hmmm, they must not have been giving them out for some time then as I've gotten over 40K points, before I got too bored to continue, on it and no trophy. Guess we'll have to try it again this evening after I get home from work. Thanks for the heads up
0 Replies

psalmstress

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 06:18 am
you're correct randomprincess. Decided I had time to test it out and sure enough 10,000 points now wins a trophy. Thanks again, now I've got to get to work Smile
0 Replies

xamyx

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 07:03 am
fankoooooooooo without u i wud never have got it thanx agen
0 Replies

xamyx

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 07:08 am
is talking about yard sales against TOS? its just i want 2 buy a snowboard trophy but i dont know wheather i can ask that question so i am just checking because i dont want 2 be responsible for locking a thread.
0 Replies

randomprincess5

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 08:36 am
How is it possible???????
To only be on millsberry for less then 2 months and have 2 floors of stuff full in your house and many trophies? Are they cheating?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 08:58 am
Xamxy--

Quote:
is talking about yard sales against TOS? its just i want 2 buy a snowboard trophy but i dont know wheather i can ask that question so i am just checking because i dont want 2 be responsible for locking a thread.

Talking about yard sales doesn't violate the TOS.

"How can I find a snowboard trophy?" is permitted.

"Who has a snowboard trophy for sale?" is not.

Fine to discuss how the Millsberry site works, but talking about specific buying and selling transactions is against the TOS.

The rule against discussing specific transactions is designed to prevent people using the A2K site for Spam.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 09:24 am
xamyx wrote:

Anyone can talk about just about anything here - you just can't advertise; no offers to sell or buy, no recruiting - no "come to my yardsale" or "I'll buy xxx, who will sell it to me?" or "I have yyy for sale, who wants to buy it?" or "join my zzz" - doesn't matter if you're advertising real-world stuff or game world stuff, the rule is no advertising ... period.

Member Agreement - Terms of Use
Quote:
I. GENERAL RULES AND DEFINITIONS
A. In choosing to use the Able2Know Web service, you are agreeing to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement between you and Able2Know ...

... III C. The Postings shall be used only in a non-promotional manner. You shall not, without the express approval of Able2Know, distribute or otherwise publish in the service any content which contains (i) offers to buy or sell goods or services; (ii) advertising; or (iii) commercial solicitations of any kind. Examples of prohibited solicitations include efforts to obtain funds or services from members and attempts to recruit members to participate in research studies, other websites, polls, surveys or lawsuits. Promotional postings are not limited to commercial promotions and all are equally forbidden. You may not post links to your site or use Able2Know for promotional purposes (both commercial and non-commercial) unless you have been granted an exception by the site administrators. The determination of what consitutes a violation of this rule is determined exclusively by Able2Know.

Any questions?
0 Replies

randomprincess5

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 10:04 am
Another small correction (unless they changed it again). But I did the Peanut butter crunch game (the one where you drop cereal pieces)...I read you need 575 for the trophy but I just got a 625 and no trophy. =(
0 Replies

blaze777

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 12:56 pm
Same here i got 650 and i didnt get nothin
0 Replies

lvdays

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 04:11 pm
Can someone provide the direct link to where I can advertise my yardsale in the Millsberry Gazette? The link on the main Millsberry page doesn't show up for me.
0 Replies

blaze777

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 04:02 am
Sure,
http://www.millsberry.com/buy_ad.phtml

Its the before the last sect.
0 Replies

xamyx

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 04:31 am
randomprincess5 wrote:
Another small correction (unless they changed it again). But I did the Peanut butter crunch game (the one where you drop cereal pieces)...I read you need 575 for the trophy but I just got a 625 and no trophy. =(

well do u alredy have a peanutbutter toast crunch trophy? if not there must be a problem. u used 2 get as many trophies as u lyked but now u can only get 1 4 each game (even if u buy 1 den earn 1 u wont get it)
0 Replies

xamyx

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 04:36 am
wer can i find a snowboard trophy? (that aint violating tos is it?)
0 Replies

xamyx

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 04:41 am
timberlandko wrote:
xamyx wrote:

Anyone can talk about just about anything here - you just can't advertise; no offers to sell or buy, no recruiting - no "come to my yardsale" or "I'll buy xxx, who will sell it to me?" or "I have yyy for sale, who wants to buy it?" or "join my zzz" - doesn't matter if you're advertising real-world stuff or game world stuff, the rule is no advertising ... period.

Member Agreement - Terms of Use
Quote:
I. GENERAL RULES AND DEFINITIONS
A. In choosing to use the Able2Know Web service, you are agreeing to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement between you and Able2Know ...

... III C. The Postings shall be used only in a non-promotional manner. You shall not, without the express approval of Able2Know, distribute or otherwise publish in the service any content which contains (i) offers to buy or sell goods or services; (ii) advertising; or (iii) commercial solicitations of any kind. Examples of prohibited solicitations include efforts to obtain funds or services from members and attempts to recruit members to participate in research studies, other websites, polls, surveys or lawsuits. Promotional postings are not limited to commercial promotions and all are equally forbidden. You may not post links to your site or use Able2Know for promotional purposes (both commercial and non-commercial) unless you have been granted an exception by the site administrators. The determination of what consitutes a violation of this rule is determined exclusively by Able2Know.

Any questions?

yes can u say visit my house?
0 Replies

randomprincess5

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 07:16 am
<<well>>

Im sorry but I do not think you are correct on this. I have acheived many games with trophy status but because I have already won ONE trophy in a game, it will tell me "You already have a trophy for this game" and will NOT allow me to win another for that game..only one.

Not sure what the problem is with peanut butter toast crunch game...no I do not already have that trophy but it wont give me one either...even with over 600pts.
0 Replies

xamyx

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 07:23 am
randomprincess5 wrote:
<<well>>

Im sorry but I do not think you are correct on this. I have acheived many games with trophy status but because I have already won ONE trophy in a game, it will tell me "You already have a trophy for this game" and will NOT allow me to win another for that game..only one.

Not sure what the problem is with peanut butter toast crunch game...no I do not already have that trophy but it wont give me one either...even with over 600pts.

oh thats strange Confused well sumtines millsberry stops givin out trophys 4 certain games
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 09:35 am
xamyx wrote:
wer can i find a snowboard trophy? (that aint violating tos is it?)

Of course not.
xamyx wrote:
... can u say visit my house?

Certainly, just don't reference intent to buy, sell, or barter anything.
0 Replies

lvdays

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 04:13 pm
blaze777 wrote:
Sure,
http://www.millsberry.com/buy_ad.phtml

Its the before the last sect.

Thank you, unfortunately it is still not working. I went to the link you provided, second to last section. I read HOW to advertise your yard sale, where it says 'Select how long you want your ad to run from the box below and click "Buy!". there is NO box below for me to select or buy.

I advertised my yardsale without any problems, before the new layout. But ever since they changed it, I can not purchase an advertisement.

I thought maybe it was my computers protection, so I turned everything off and still can not see a link. I even tried another computer (with less protection) at someone else's house, still no link to advertise yardsales.

I have E-mailed Millsberry and so has my child's grandma, with no reply.

Any suggestions or a different link?
0 Replies

psalmstress

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 07:17 pm
Has anyone seen Millsberryaddict around?
0 Replies