Substitute Teacher

shark

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:39 pm
Why are substitute teachers NOT ALLOWED to teach when the official teacher is absent? In other words, what is the meanning of SUBBING or the role of a substitute teacher in any grade?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 981 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 04:19 am
Huh? Not allowed to teach? What are you talking about?
0 Replies

shark

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 11:22 am
Yes
Exactly what I said. Sub teachers are not seen eye to eye by regular certified teachers. What makes the difference? The certification nonesense makes all the difference. I worked for 6 years as a sub in NYC and never did any school official respected or gave credit for MY LESSON PLANS, teaching methods, etc.

What do you say?
0 Replies

Starr

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:42 pm
Maybe it has to do with the school you are subbing at. I know that at the school my sister subs at if they are only subbing for a day or 2 they are required to follow the original teachers lesson plans. If they are subbing long term (30+ days for 1 teacher) then they can make their own lesson plans.
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 12:08 pm
I agree with Starr, when I'm out for a day I leave my lesson plans for that day to the sub. She is required to follow those lesson plans. It is my understanding that if the teacher of record is out more than 3-4 weeks, then the substitute teacher, can be the permanent sub. That means that you're the teacher, but you're still a sub. Unless you have your certification, you can't be considered teacher of record. You have to be a highly certified teacher.
0 Replies