Georgia will sell its wines in Turkey?

1YUSUF1

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 07:06 am
I've just ran across a news that honestly surprised me. It says

"Georgia and Turkey are discussing a proposal to allow 500 000 liters of Georgian wine into the Turkish market without customs duties, and another 250 000 with a 50% discount in tariffs. It means that Georgian wine producers have an opportunity to entirely capture the imported wine market in Turkey. In addition to wine, relieved tax rates will be granted to agricultural and processing industry products."

I think that Georgians are a little bit falling into a reverie. Don't they know that Turkey is a mostly Islamic country and the Koran forbids Moslems drinking alcohol? In addition to that, Georgian government is clearly pro-American and it assists Washington in preparations for the oncoming war against Iran by permitting Americans to deploy their air bases and secret CIA prisons for Iranian captives on the territory of Georgia, which is done, as far as I know, for a promise to be granted with exclusive rights to export wines to Iran after the US invades it and overthrows the current Iran's regime, and repeals laws of sharia.

I'm sure that Turkish Islamic fundamentalists will not let Georgians get away with this treachery and terroristic acts against Georgian collaborators will come in pat. Mind my words.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 205 • Replies: 1
No top replies

nimh

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 08:38 am
Re: Georgia will sell its wines in Turkey?
1YUSUF1 wrote:
I think that Georgians are a little bit falling into a reverie. Don't they know that Turkey is a mostly Islamic country and the Koran forbids Moslems drinking alcohol?

Have you ever heard of Raki? I'd say that any country whose national drink is raki - which is 20-50% alcohol - wont shy away from some wine.

Islamic countries come in different types..

1YUSUF1 wrote:
In addition to that, Georgian government is clearly pro-American and it assists Washington in preparations for the oncoming war against Iran by permitting Americans to deploy their air bases and secret CIA prisons for Iranian captives on the territory of Georgia, [..] I'm sure that Turkish Islamic fundamentalists will not let Georgians get away with this treachery and terroristic acts against Georgian collaborators will come in pat. Mind my words.

Ehmm... so, because Georgia is pro-American, you think that Turkey, itself a NATO member state, will block its wine imports? The same Turkey that itself had America lobbying the EU on its behalf re EU membership?

And the Turkish Islamists will then launch terrorist attacks against Georgians, because of how Georgia purportedly helps America with purported invasion plans against Iran - even though they practice a different kind of Islam in Iran than in Turkey, and Turkey's government has itself forever been inimical to Iran's?

And all of this is of immediate relevance to a trade deal over wine imports?

Right...
0 Replies