Now I'm Not God.... But I Know Him And ......

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:09 am
I've got a great idea. The Reverse Rapture. The rapture is on the right track, but it's all backwards.

Here's what I think God needs to do. Instead of rapturing Christians and leaving the bad guys around to wreck the property and kill and torture more people in the hopes that a few will be saved, let's have Him take all the leaders, American, Israeli ,Iranian, North Korean, ALL OF THEM that are taking part in war and bloodshed and rapture those a$$holes off the face of the earth. Then take the military leaders and soldiers who are enjoying and have a hard on for all this and take them too. Not the soldiers merely doing what they're told just the ones who enjoy it and thirst for it. The military that, given their druthers would just go about their business can stay. Then take EVERY PERSON like for instance people who post on discussion boards, who are all excited and happy about these wars and have no compassion for human beings, instead thinking of them as collateral damge or necessary unfortunate victims and take these bastards too.

Now, it has to be done in a way that makes it painfully obvious to even the most skeptical (Frank I'm talking to you) by a supernatural all powerful being who has decided to start taking interest in His creation again, and then this being needs to let us know He's coming back every five years to clean house again if necessary.

This should leave just the people who want to worship as they please, go about their business, MIND THEIR BUSINESS and take care of themsewlves and their families without putting their feet on anyone's neck.

I mean, the rapture takes all the good people and leaves the marginal ones here at the mercy of the truly evil for awhile, and that seems totally backasswards to me.

I'm going to respectfully present this idea to God next time we go out for dinner.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,944 • Replies: 31
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:12 am
Ruptures instead of raptures, for the bad guys. I like it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:13 am
ask him what he was smoking when he made the platypus, that thing is too damn funny
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:20 am
Re: Now I'm Not God.... But I Know Him And ......
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I've got a great idea. The Reverse Rapture. The rapture is on the right track, but it's all backwards.

Here's what I think God needs to do. Instead of rapturing Christians and leaving the bad guys around to wreck the property and kill and torture more people in the hopes that a few will be saved, let's have Him take all the leaders, American, Israeli ,Iranian, North Korean, ALL OF THEM that are taking part in war and bloodshed and rapture those a$$holes off the face of the earth. Then take the military leaders and soldiers who are enjoying and have a hard on for all this and take them too. Not the soldiers merely doing what they're told just the ones who enjoy it and thirst for it. The military that, given their druthers would just go about their business can stay. Then take EVERY PERSON like for instance people who post on discussion boards, who are all excited and happy about these wars and have no compassion for human beings, instead thinking of them as collateral damge or necessary unfortunate victims and take these bastards too.

Now, it has to be done in a way that makes it painfully obvious to even the most skeptical (Frank I'm talking to you) by a supernatural all powerful being who has decided to start taking interest in His creation again, and then this being needs to let us know He's coming back every five years to clean house again if necessary.

This should leave just the people who want to worship as they please, go about their business, MIND THEIR BUSINESS and take care of themsewlves and their families without putting their feet on anyone's neck.

I mean, the rapture takes all the good people and leaves the marginal ones here at the mercy of the truly evil for awhile, and that seems totally backasswards to me.

I'm going to respectfully present this idea to God next time we go out for dinner.
Funny you should say exactly what is written in the bible:
Solomon wrote:
 For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it. (Proverbes 2:21,22)
Matthew, quoting Jesus, wrote:
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:24 am
yeah buts that's AFTER the rapture and the tribulation and all that... why d it that way when He could take the evil first and avoid all that rigamarol?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:27 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
yeah buts that's AFTER the rapture and the tribulation and all that... why d it that way when He could take the evil first and avoid all that rigamarol?
The word rapture does not appear in the bible. The 'Great Tribulation' is for the removal of the evil.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:33 am
neologist wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
The word rapture does not appear in the bible. The 'Great Tribulation' is for the removal of the evil.

okay...semantics... so why not just remove the evil in the twinkling of an eye and avoid all The Great Tribulation ? Why should I suffer because a couple of a$$holes in Washington DC and Tehran want World War and because a greater number of a$$holes think that's real cool?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:46 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
neologist wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

okay...semantics... so why not just remove the evil in the twinkling of an eye and avoid all The Great Tribulation ? Why should I suffer because a couple of a$$holes in Washington DC and Tehran want World War and because a greater number of a$$holes think that's real cool?
So, you're wondering why God has waited so long - why he tolerates suffering? You've just made a 'deposit' in another thread purporting to explain just that.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:46 am
Jeezus H Christ, another rapture thread. As long as the cablestill works and they sell Tastykakes while we wait around.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:49 am
Don't blame me. I didn't start it. Bear did.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:51 am
neologist wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
neologist wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

So, you're wondering why God has waited so long - why he tolerates suffering? You've just made a 'deposit' in another thread purporting to explain just that.

no, I'm not wondering that... I'm wondering why He is doing it backwards... I thought my thread made that extremely obvious......
I'm with farmerman.... as long as I can still get Comedy Central, Deadwood and The Sopranos let him take His time..... just take the troublemakers first... not the den loving Bears for Pets's sake...
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 03:57 pm
I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter, Bear. Who is this 'God' you speak of who will wipe out all the jerks right away?
Razz

I'll never understand how anyone could swallow the concept of Original Sin, which begins this entire anti-life mentality.

It's the most glorified "Do what papa tells you, or you're getting a spanking to knock ya to next week" I ever saw.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 04:02 pm
Can we have a burning Bush, too?

On second thoughts, nah.....I don't want 'em hurt, I just want 'em CHANGED.

Can they be given very real seeming nightmares that they are experiencing all that they so fervently, denyingly, or callously inflict on others? And then, like, recant or whatever it is, and get to be nice folk, working in orphanages and rehab places where their victims (the ones still alive) are?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 10:04 pm
I agree in some degree with Neo. The verses that speak of 'one is taken and the other is left' are describing the wicked taken away in punishment or judgement, as the context makes clear.

----------------------------

Bear, are you saying there is never any justification for a nation to participate in a war, or are you just griping about the present one because you feel you weren't consulted?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 10:56 pm
flushd wrote:

I'll never understand how anyone could swallow the concept of Original Sin.....

You've apparently never had children.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 09:03 am
real life wrote:
flushd wrote:

I'll never understand how anyone could swallow the concept of Original Sin.....

You've apparently never had children.
Laughing
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 08:36 pm
flushd wrote:
I'll never understand how anyone could swallow the concept of Original Sin, which begins this entire anti-life mentality. .

Orignal sion doesnt make sense, wouldnt jesus be sinful? He was born of a HUMAN woman right? Unless your catholic, then you got it covered, you just say god made her sinless and thats why jesus has no orginal sin.

So any non-catholic christian is at a loss for words here.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 08:56 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:
flushd wrote:
I'll never understand how anyone could swallow the concept of Original Sin, which begins this entire anti-life mentality. .

Orignal sion doesnt make sense, wouldnt jesus be sinful? He was born of a HUMAN woman right? Unless your catholic, then you got it covered, you just say god made her sinless and thats why jesus has no orginal sin.

Not really your only looking at it from one direction.
Open your mind.
The spoon is not really there.

Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 10:23 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:
flushd wrote:

I assume you are just ignoring the assertion that his father was perfect.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 03:02 am
neologist wrote:
EpiNirvana wrote:
flushd wrote:

I assume you are just ignoring the assertion that his father was perfect.

Yeah.... you see Adam and Eve both sinned. We have a nature to sin coming from both sides whereas Jesus was also tempted to sin because he was born of Mary......yet he never fell into the temptation and sinned because his father was God himself.

The wages of sin is death......since he was without sin....not even the grave could hold him.
0 Replies