Impressive image of Jesus

Ellinas

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 06:43 am
Just considering it interesting to share. Focus with your eyes in each eye of Jesus seperately, and you will see two different sides of him. Nice inspiration of the hagiographer. It would be much better if I had a bigger image but could not found now.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/3/36/180px-Spas_vsederzhitel_sinay.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 827 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 07:14 am
Interesting artistic twist. One of the things that you might notice, is that a person's face is not symmetrical. Look at a picture of any person. Cover up one side of the face, and then the other. You will find that the person looks completely different, from one side to the other.

I remember reading an article about this years ago. The writer had taken one side of a picture of some famous persons' faces, and flipped them, so that they were the same on both sides. The individuals looked very different, and rather strange.
0 Replies

shin

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 07:26 am
this is one kind of image of jesus that im seeing for the first time.
the difference in the eyes are obvious.
er......is there any one who thinks that , probably, this is not an image of jesus?
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 07:29 am
It is an image of Jesus. This is an Orthodox impression of Jesus, the images you usually see are probably Catholic or Protestant, quite different.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 07:48 am
Interesting, Ellinas. The drummer in our band was Jewish on his father's side and married a Greek orthodox girl. His comment upon marriage:

Well, at least we won't have any religious hang-up's.<smile> Yes, the differences are obvious, and Phoenix is correct. We do have a "best side" to our profile.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 07:51 am
If I stare at one side awhile he looks like a radical zionist zealot.... if look at the other side long enough.... he looks like an islamofascist. Scary.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 08:03 am
I found a larger version of the image:

http://www.pitt.edu/AFShome/s/o/sorc/public/html/ocfellow/icons/jcsinai.jpg
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 02:57 pm
For some reason that picture is a bit disturbing.

Could just be me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 03:34 pm
I'm the other one wrote:
For some reason that picture is a bit disturbing.

Could just be me.

As I remember, in the article to which I referred, it was noted that one side of a face looks kindly, while the other side often does not. In the picture that is the subject of this thread, the right side of the face has an almost cruel, evil look.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:25 pm
He certainly shows a talent for prescience, what with the cross on the book 'n'all.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:37 pm
I've seen people eyes get like that when they've gotten conked on the head.

Yeah, that's a little creepy.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:55 pm
Exclamation Razz
Eorl wrote:
He certainly shows a talent for prescience, what with the cross on the book 'n'all.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 07:02 pm
For right handers the right side of the body is used more than the left, this includes facial gestures and expressions. That is why the right side of the face tends to look more intense than the left.
0 Replies