Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 04:58 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 553 • Replies: 4
No top replies

selfruled

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:38 am
Have you noticed how you've sadly turned into your father?
In a way.

I say however that what you're expressing with such an emotionally charged determination has been felt without a doubt by every generation. I'm 35 and I'm still able to hear my father preaching about the "correct" way to live; the reason I'm still able to hear my father's words is because I'm using exactly the same pitch when I talk to my own children now. You see, every generation suspects that everything dear to them is being replaced by some monstrous, foreign culture and set of values... they're usually right. Do you feel your descendants should in any way cling to the old ways? why? because it's your way?

Someone once told me that one should pay special atention to the music one listens to during adolescence, "for that's the music one will be listening to for the rest of our lives". when I'm driving by myself; usually the only time I'm "allowed" to listen to my own music, I usually remember this and laugh out loud like a moronic hyena.

Nothing beats Bon Jovi... :wink:
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 06:51 am
selfruled

My complaint is not a generational one. My generation and my children's generation are beyond reaching; my message is directed at the new generation because I think that one must get on the right track somewhere in the twenties or they won't make it. All generations past are not a good role model. I am speaking of a revolution in thinking and learning.
0 Replies

selfruled

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 10:03 pm
Interesting response my friend.

Would you mind discussing your concept of "right track"? Don't get me wrong please; my first words in your thread were "in a way", which means there's plenty here I share with you; I'm just a bit concerned about good intentions turning into a "my way is the way" kind of situation...
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 04:00 am
0 Replies