Al Queda in Iran?/ U.S. Considering Toppling Iranian Gov.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 02:49 pm
steissd

The state, IRA is oposing is by no means the British Isles but the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irland',

Quote:
Sinn Fein, which is the political arm of the IRA calls as it's No. 1 aim:
Our objective is to end British rule in Ireland. Sinn Fein online

(Sinn Fein has lawmakers in the Northern Irland parliament as well as in the UK parliament.)
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 02:58 pm
Mr. Hinteler, IRA opposes inclusion of the Northern Ireland into the UK. But it does not want to throw Englishmen, Scots and Welsh into the Northern Sea. If the PLO opposed only the occupation of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip and did not make attempts to erase Israel from the world map (this is a part of the Palestinian National Charter, by the way, and it has never been officially revoked, in spite of all the Palestinian propaganda claims on the issue), the Palestinian state would have been established long ago. People that support settling activities were always a small (though politically active and vociferous) minority in the Israeli society. In 1947 Jewish leaders were ready to accept the UN plan that left much less land to the Jewish State than even the 1967 borders encompass. Arabs rejected it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 03:00 pm
Steissd, i provided one example of an American President leaning on the Israelis to make them bargain in good faith and carry through their undertakings, and that was Carter. The evacuation of the Sainai was significant, and an achievement, but only because Begin had good reason to see his main chance in following through with the process. This eliminated a serious challenge, the continuing resentment of the Egyptians. This made possibel raprochement between the United States and Egypt. And no American President since then, including your favorite, Ronnie, has put anything like real pressure on the Israelis to play the game according to rules to which they've previously agreed.

I am disgusted by people like Netanyahu, and am disgusted when i hear on reputable radio news, and read in reputable newspapers that Israeli citizens of all description, including army reservists, oppose this war with the Palestinians, and i then see an Israeli come here to cheer on a preemptive war against Iran. You want the Iranians so badly, take 'em out with your nukes. The only nukes tolerated in the Middle East, because America has failed its responsibilities in world diplomacy in dealing with Israel and the Palestinian settlement.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 03:03 pm
steissd wrote:
Mr. Hinteler, IRA opposes inclusion of the Northern Ireland into the UK. But it does not want to throw Englishmen, Scots and Welsh into the Northern Sea.

That depends on whom you're talking to . . .
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 03:07 pm
Sorry, Mr. Setanta, I misunderstand. Do you mean that IRA claims London, Manchester and Glasgow to be parts of the Irish Republic?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 03:12 pm
Certainly not, don't be obtuse . . . when you wrote about Englishmen, Welsh and Scots being thrown into the North Sea, it is reasonable to see that as metaphoric speech . . . and there are certainly, within and without the IRA, Irishmen who hate fully enough to desire the utter destruction of all of their neighbors, which was the burden of what i wrote . . . like our Germany-loving/America-hating friend in the German thread . . . my point is that there are murderous extremist with no sense of proportion in any such group . . . the IRA are not nice people . . .
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 03:17 pm
Well, idiots are present in any nation. But the idea about throwing Jews to the sea was introduced by the Arab league very long ago, and Palestinian organizations are the most coherent followers of it. While IRA does not want Englishmen, Welsh, etc. in Ulster, Palestinians do not want Jews anywhere in the Middle East, not only in the West Bank or Gaza Strip. That is the main difference. And, of course, I have never considered IRA activists (and any other terrorists, regardless of their ethnic origin or religious affiliation) being nice people and role models for the future generations.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 03:19 pm
Nor would i suggest that you ever had . . .
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 10:45 am
OK, do you *really* think being thrown into the sea is a realistic threat?

Where is the realism?

Where is the sense of proportion?

If we invade Iran ... do you *really* think the Arab world will stand for that?

SHOULD they?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 11:17 am
anastasia
Quote:
OK, do you *really* think being thrown into the sea is a realistic threat?

In 1938 would you really think that gas chambers and crematoriums were a realistic threat.
The holocaust happened before why do you think it cannot happen again.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 11:23 am
OK, if I was going to exterminate a group of people, I wouldn't push them into the sea. That's just silly.

(This is just my opinion - sorry.)

stasia
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 11:27 am
When the Dutch took the island of Bali, the local "aristocracy" preferred to die rather than live under foreign rule. They sent their children, and did their level best to evacuate all of "peasants" to other islands. Then they armed themselves with swords, shields, spears and the like, and took on the Dutch, who were using Krupp artillery and machine guns. The Dutch obligingly provided photographic evidence of the expedition. The Balinese were not "pushed into the Sea," however, they died, every last man and woman of them, fighting the invader to the last.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 11:28 am
anastasia
Drive them into the sea is meant to be taken figuratively not literally. Any way everyone knows that wont work since God will part the waters.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 11:30 am
Anastasia, the expression "to push into the sea" ia a metaphor. Look at the map of Israel, it is a narrow strip on the Southern Mediaterranean coast. Arabs mean to eliminate it; and they use the metaphoric expression "to push into the sea", but they imply gas chambers in fact.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 11:35 am
<shakes head>

thanks, guys.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 11:50 am
It's a really scary thing, that the "intelligence" apparatus, that reported the phanthom weopons of mas destruction, are now making reports that could cause this country to dismantle yet another sovereign nation's government. What we have here is a FOOL, with power, and he was a fool before he became president. It's shameful that he was ever ele....appointed president. Let's hope the world doesn't decide our government needs dismantling.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 11:52 am
Keep your eye on Henrygreen, he's assembling a coalition of the clueless for just such a purpose, even as we write . . .
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 12:04 pm
Laughing Laughing LMAO

"coalition of the clueless". And I thought Bush and his Cabinet, already had copyrighted that title.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 12:32 pm
Booman, LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that! Wink c.i.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 01:03 pm
I think that such a definition more accurately describes the current Iranian, Syrian and North Korean leadrship than the President of the USA and his team.
0 Replies