riddle please answer

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 01:22 pm
You are in a fully sealed concrete room. There is a door on one end of a room which will only open if you can get a ping pong ball out of a .5 meter metal pipe in the gorund. .25 m if the pipe is above gorund and the other .25 m is in the ground. It is impossible to remove the pipe. The pipes diameter is 10 cm and the balls diameter is 8 cm.

The only tools given to you were ...

- A hand mirrior
- A 1 meter long strng
- 2 Paper Clips
- A Pencil

how do yuo get out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,121 • Replies: 11
No top replies

whimsical

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 03:12 pm
Pee in the pipe. Ball will float. Take ball.
0 Replies

ziggeh123

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 03:45 pm
lol that could work but im not sure thats the answer.
0 Replies

Vi

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 07:47 pm
Whim, your bladder doesn't have enough urine in it to fill that pipe. The average bladder can hold about two cups, I've heard. I'm not gonna do the math, but considering the dimensions of the pipe you'd probably die of dehydration before you could fill it.

I may not know metric too well, but I'm damn sure that I can fit my hand down a pipe with a 10 cm diameter. The ball is only 8 cm, so theres plenty of room to fit my fingers around it. The answer is simply to reach into the pipe and take the ball.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 02:22 am
If the diameter of the ball is 8 cm, it's not a ping pong ball.
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 11:53 pm
if the pencil is sharpened, can't you just stab the ball and take it out?
0 Replies

Italy16

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:36 pm
Quote:

That would work, but what if its not sharpened? I guess you could use the paperclips to sharpen it, but that would take a while
0 Replies

rafiki282

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 11:07 pm
simple unfold the two paper clips stab into pencil put the graphite in the tube using the mirror to see where the pingpong ball is seperate the rope at and end take paper clips out and attatch to the rope. drop down tube spit on rope where graphite is pull rope up after paperclips are solidified to the ball after yur spit dries pull out of tube.

or u could cheat blow into tube at a certain angle allowing the ball to float out of it
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 12:52 am
i doubt spit makes good glue...
besides, if the person licked a million envelopes prior to entering the room, they'd run low on spit...
so we had urine and spit.... how about blood? stab urself w/ a paperclip and fill the tube w/ blood and the ball will float out...but depends how much u want to get out
0 Replies

misogi

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 08:46 am
combine the clips, pencil and string to create a grappling hook, drop it down, pull the ball out with minimal effort.

the mirror is unnecessary.

Though the question was merely, "How do you get out?"

So I'll just say, through the door... duh.
0 Replies

Italy16

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:39 pm
Quote:
Though the question was merely, "How do you get out?"

So I'll just say, through the door... duh.

Ya, but:

Quote:
There is a door on one end of a room which will only open if you can get a ping pong ball out of a .5 meter metal pipe in the gorund
0 Replies

yugirules14

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:36 pm
Italy16 wrote:
Quote:

That would work, but what if its not sharpened? I guess you could use the paperclips to sharpen it, but that would take a while

if it's not sharpened, thrust harder. it will go in eventually. but the answer to the riddle is simple......you're screwed. Very Happy Laughing
0 Replies