Orange powers in Ukraine threaten opposition with imprisonme

enochau

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 02:52 am
Orange powers in Ukraine threaten opposition with imprisonment in CIA secret jails!

I hope you will agree with me that a genuine politician must be a man of his word, liable to account for what he says. Especially once he is a personal representative of the president - an official person whose statements proceed from president himself. I would like to apply this to Hennadii Moskal, a certain permanent representative of Ukrainian president in southern Ukrainian Crimea, who claimed the other day that "People like Vitrenko (she is one of Ukrainian oppositional leaders who organized the featured anti-NATO movement against See Breeze 2006 exercises in the Crimea a month ago) must be treated as though they were international terrorists - send them to Guantanamo prison right away!"....

From here the story gets more interesting. What did Mr Moskal said about Guantanamo? I sincerely thought this place is only meant for real terrorists, not oppositional leaders who further the cause of peace in their country. Then, is Ukraine a liberal and democratic state? Honestly speaking, I doubt of it as I keep in mind the words of none other but PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE OF PRESIDENT OF UKRAINE, who is obliged to convey own ideas of president Yushchenko, that's tantamount Yushchenko would be happy to send all Ukrainian opposition to some CIA prison!

Huh, that's funny. I'm sure that mentioning Guantanamo has nothing to do with a slip in speech of Moskal; by this means president Yushchenko simply warned Ukrainian oppositionists he would gladly jail them all. Of course, not in Guantanamo, because Ukraine has its own secret CIA prisons on its territory and "orange" authorities are ready to use them for the purpose specified. Then, what is the next move by Yushchenko? I heard he was plotting a political upheaval aimed at strengthening his powers (that he was deprived of after a constitutional reform took effect and delegated many presidential authorities to prime-minister) by dissolution of parliament and introduction of direct presidential rule. Beware, Ukrainian opposition! Yushchenko will beat you with an iron fist!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 125 • Replies: 0
No top replies