Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 07:14 pm
Ok this is an excerise of imagination for those who do and don't believe in God.

This is how it starts.
PRETEND that you are GOD.
Not saying that you are, this is just pretend.

Now you create a universe and populate it with humans.

Here is what you must do now:
Law down a law that is just and fair, and you must provide the humans with freewill to either accept your laws or not to accept your laws.

Go ahead try.
I would like to see what some of you come up with.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 492 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 08:19 pm
I would do it pretty much as the biblical god is reported to have done, but with a more modern twist of course.

(...which in itself is a pretty good argument to suggest that human beings did, in fact, develop those laws rather than gods.)

BTW...what is "just and fair" and why should I want my world to have such laws anyway?
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 09:54 pm
Eorl wrote:
I would do it pretty much as the biblical god is reported to have done, but with a more modern twist of course.

BTW...what is "just and fair" and why should I want my world to have such laws anyway?

What twist?

what is "just and fair" you must answer this for your world, I would just like to know what everyone comes up with is all.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 10:27 pm
Actually I wouldn't have a just and fair system, I would want my humans to continue as a species, so I'd let natural law determine who lives and breeds and who doesn't. The communities who develop ways of living together will survive through the centuries, the others won't.

A just and fair system would work in theory but not in practise...like communism.
0 Replies