Georgia: to be or not to be

4cus

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 07:41 am
Over and over again I would like to attract your attention to what, or rather who, Europe and America have been supporting for the past two years and a half. I'd like to speak about Georgia (and its president Saakashvili), an anti-democratic state where striving for democratic society was only used as a means to raise money from international monetary support.

It has long been known that Saakashvili was only pulling the wool over the eyes of his western sponsors. Instead of building a democratic state, he used the money to equip Georgia's army with arms making it stronger and more capable of repressing public disturbance, naturally caused by dissatisfaction of common people with authorities. The methods Saakashvili uses are outright hideous. He orders to suppress any disaffection with savagery and does not hesitate to use weapon. In addition to that more prisons are built to jail malcontents where most inmates are political detainees. To pursue his objectives, Saakashvili even never minds a murder (the last episode of this sort is the murder of Oleg Alborov, secretary of national security council of South Ossetia who is assumed to have been killed on order of Saakashvili to destabilize situation in South Ossetia as a lead up measure before invasion).

What is most off-putting, Saakashvili understands that some time he will have to be re-elected to stay in office, however his chances tend to zero. That is why he does damnedest to manipulate democratic procedures in his country. For example, there will be local elections in Georgia in the fall of this year and Saakashvili has already found a loop-hole to fabricated the results for his own benefit. I do not have all the information, but I think this has to do with marking of voters which provides Saakashvili with good opportunity for gerrymander.

I think that after the election the multinational population of Georgia will have to start acting more drastically and will demand breaking away from Georgia to form local autonomies of Armenians, Azeri, Abkhazians, Ossetians, and others. And this will be the start of really hard times for Saakashvili and possibly this is when he will decide to resign and leave the country in ruin.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 119 • Replies: 0
No top replies